ATTN: Brian Wilson/Beach Boys fans

General music and other artist discussions.
jpgrcat1960

Re: ATTN: Brian Wilson/Beach Boys fans

Post by jpgrcat1960 »

rtbcIII wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:36 pm Given the unfortunate history of this set, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised it's not even @320.

Caveat emptor.
It is as I have the whole set, when it came out,

Too bad it didn't go into the 70's, 80's, etc
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

Aw, crap, I've been downloading these slowly over the past week. I should probably just delete the FLAC's then. I may have the mp3's somewhere. Can't download the mp3's posted here, but that's fine. I'm just going to walk away slowly and clear my hard drive of this fake flac nonsense.
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

I enjoyed the set. Had no idea what the format was as didn't look. The early stuff is really interesting and the other material with other artists is great.

Jan & Dean are an interesting group. Carnival of Sound is a really good album.
Soily Company

Post by Soily Company »

silver_2000 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:30 pm really sad this ends in 66, sunflower from 70 is very good. As well as 77's Love You. Just seems to follow the wide thought that the BBs peaked with Pet Sounds and never again had great albums.
I'm a big fan of 1971's Surf's Up and 1973's Holland as well. I consider Holland almost The Beach Boys' answer to Abbey Road. Love You is great too, some tracks are very much in the vein of Smiley Smile and Wild Honey and The Night Was So Young and I'll Bet He's Nice are almost like 70's updates on Pet Sounds. Carl and the Passions I like less but it still has some excellent tracks.