Demographics of the forum

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...

What is your age ?

Teen
4%
20 -30
6%
31 - 40
5%
41 - 50
14%
51 - 60
31%
61 - 70
28%
71 - 80 +
11%
Rather not say
1%

Total votes: 176

khundalini

Re: Demographics of the forum

Post by khundalini »

This seems to be a predominantly old white men's club. Where are the women who couldn't stay in their seats at the concerts?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

khundalini wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:23 am This seems to be a predominantly old white men's club. Where are the women who couldn't stay in their seats at the concerts?
They are on social media. Web forums are the domain of old white guys who first got on the internet 20 or 30 years ago. The girls all love facebook, twitter, all that rubbish.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
greenfrog12

Post by greenfrog12 »

Currently 73 years old.
Amoos Bouche

Post by Amoos Bouche »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:40 am
khundalini wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:23 am This seems to be a predominantly old white men's club. Where are the women who couldn't stay in their seats at the concerts?
They are on social media. Web forums are the domain of old white guys who first got on the internet 20 or 30 years ago. The girls all love facebook, twitter, all that rubbish.
I promise I won't mention this to my best friend who speaks 6 languages, doesn't use facebook twitter or any social accounts as she has a mean left hook. Also she is a Tom Waits fan. :)
Imagine all the people living life in peace
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

I'm 65 now.

Time passes quickly.

Memories

I saw in Summer 1970 the first Beatles LP, owned by a cousin of mine. Abbey Road. He purchased it in London.

I got my first cassette recorder in January 1971, gift form my dad (a great sounding Grundig C200 SL I still have).

However, the first cassette I ever had (and still plays fine) was Bridge over troubled water by S and G. January 1971, a gift from my dad, too.

Great disc !!

And the first song I ever recorded with the Grundig (once I learnt how to do it), was When I'm a kid, by Demis Roussos. Shortly after I recorded too songs by Gilbert O 'Sullivan, great songwriter, I still listen to.

Then, still in 1971, was a TV show every Monday, around 19:30, with the famous Beatles Cartoons. I remember well the opening titles song: A hard day's night and eight days a week.

Close to the TV (in black and white those days) armed with my Grundig's microphone I made my first recordings: Penny Lane, Good day sunshine, Eight days a week, A hard day's night and quite a few more.

All my recordings were made, mostly, on BASF C-90 cassettes I still have and still play well. I love them.

For me, the cassette has some kind of magic, that neither the CD nor the digital files have.

In 1973 some friends (girls) lend us a record player with a lot of EP's and singles by the Beatles, but only for a few hours (the record player was her elder sister's, that was away from home that day until 22 hrs, and our friend was afraid of using it without her permission), so we had to record the stuff quickly, being the result a lot of songs recorded without knowing the titles because of the hurry and all the mess.

From all that bunch a song that I'll always love, is I need you by George.

The first official cassette I saw, was a Three Wise Men (January, 5th, in Spain) gift to a friend of mine: Rubber Soul. Xmas 1973

And the first vinyl I purchased was ATM Pass in January 5th (again), in 1977.

And here I am, in this outstanding forum with gems and a lot of nice and generous people.

Thanks to you all

Beatles and this forum forever !!!
noirbar

Post by noirbar »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:40 am
I'm sorry, as an OWG* I enjoy these usenet pages on the interweb, but I'm not familiar with "social media"? Is that a club or something?

*OldWhiteGuy
rafael_szot

Post by rafael_szot »

I'm not that old at forty-two, and I'm not that white, being Brazilian, so here's for some diversity.
Tubla

Post by Tubla »

rtbcIII wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:14 pm Image
Wilfrid Brambell, born in 1912 was 52 when they made A Hard Day's Night...
Kando

Post by Kando »

Tubla wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:12 pm Wilfrid Brambell, born in 1912 was 52 when they made A Hard Day's Night...
When I first discovered that I was like, What the .......? Wilfrid looked quite a bit older, and I was always somewhat amazed to see him scamper down the street as fast as he did in one scene, lol.

I'll be joining the oldest demographic on here come Garfield's birthday next month. I also pretty much like to lie around as much as he does. Oh, my aching bones, lol.
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

rafael_szot wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:39 pm
I'm not that old at forty-two, and I'm not that white, being Brazilian, so here's for some diversity.
I see a spark of hope!