Mind Games EP : April 20 - (box set for July)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
tmangia

Re: Mind Games EP : April 20 - (box set for July)

Post by tmangia »

How many of you people will be buying the uber box set? Are these kind of boxes get the prices lowered by a few months or do you think it'll be sold out? If they are lowered, what's the best place to import?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I think the uber box is very cool indeed but perhaps a tad overpriced? Not sure how they arrived at that figure unless they are actual gold records or something.

So is the embassy plaque etc just blank white objects? Or is there something written on them?

I guess it's an easy way to make a quick million. Why try getting a number one album when you can just sell 1100 overpriced boxes. I would imagine it's only going to get worse as time goes on. Luxury items for the idle rich.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

New single out - You Are Here (Elements Mix):
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Another new single out - One Day (At A Time) (Elements Mix):
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

After a couple of listens of both, these elements mixes are better than those that we've received before in my opinion. The slide guitar on You Are Here especially is gorgeous and fantastic to hear on its own (well, alongside a gentle organ in the background).
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

MorseMoose wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:01 pm After a couple of listens of both, these elements mixes are better than those that we've received before in my opinion. The slide guitar on You Are Here especially is gorgeous and fantastic to hear on its own (well, alongside a gentle organ in the background).
I did not know that was John on electric piano; what kind of electric piano is it ? it does not sound like a Fender Rhodes; this instrumental isolation (Element Mix) is beautiful.It reminds me the arrangement of Elton John's version. Somehow it kind of sounds childish, like a music box.
And who plays the Strawberry Fields-like keyboard (which we can not hear there on this isolation mix) ? Ken Asher ? Is it a mellotron ?

Fancy to do a studio demo with just Lennon on electric keyboard and extracting his voice from the "low vocal" take using A.I "assistance" (the Anthology take for instance) and mix it ? That would be beautiful... :?: :oops:
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

the lap-steel guitar isolated on "You Are Here" is great.
Sneaky Pete did an amazing job on this one.
I don't remember, it is the same Pete that did the lap-steel during George's All Things Must Pass sessions using a voicebox to play "Bridge Over Troubled Water" on lap steel guitar ?

Which makes me think that if there is a demo of "One Day At A Time" as a snippet on the "Evolution Documentary" it would be probably a piano demo like "Intuition". (no demo of "Out Of The Blue" or "One Day At A Time" have surfaced so far)
For "Intuition", Lennon plays on piano a nostalgic medley on piano with "how?" ("You know life can be long and you got to be so strong" - he repeats it over and over through the song like a mantra, to hold on - as if he had to convince himself; whereas the song "Intuition" is a kind of daring nonchanlance), and he ended the piano demo with God : "the dream is over, what can I say, the dream is over, almost yesterday")
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Yet another single - Mind Games (Elements Mix):
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

They're churning out these elements mixes - Bring On The Lucie (Freda Peeple) (Elements Mix):

For those wondering - this is bass, percussion and backing vocals.
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Another single already announced - Aisumasen (I'm Sorry) (Elements Mix):
Last edited by MorseMoose on Wed May 29, 2024 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.