Mind Games EP : April 20 - (box set for July)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
wardo

Re: Mind Games EP : April 20 - (box set for July)

Post by wardo »

No Meat City 45 mix, no I'm The Greatest, no Rock N Roll People, no standalone demos (as heard on Lennon Anthology and the 2002 CD). The bar set by the first two boxes is missed by a far margin here.
Golem

Post by Golem »

wardo wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:27 am No Meat City 45 mix, no I'm The Greatest, no Rock N Roll People, no standalone demos (as heard on Lennon Anthology and the 2002 CD). The bar set by the first two boxes is missed by a far margin here.
Rock N Roll People is a bonus track
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

unless there is some exclusive content on the blu-ray all the demos will be truncated as small snippets (at best if they put the demos for each song) in the Documentary Evolution mixes (Say It Again (aka You Are Here), Call My Name, Meat City, etc...)
I wonder if there are some demos for "Out Of The Blue" and "One Day At A Time". A piano demo would be great.

The audio is synch with the footage; and apparently this is the tape used by Vigotone for the Compositions tapes CD; except Vigotone said fall 1970 and the official video says February 1970.
Since Lennon played on piano on the same tape "Sally & Billy" perhaps this was filmed too ?

I did not except a cubist object after the great expectations of the EP. And the POB was a pleased surprised with some unexpected stuff on it.

Am I wrong, or they don't release a big box with blu-ray and CD like Imagine and POB; only this big expensive box for the deluxe edition ?
In that case, I won't buy it. :?

It's sad; the Evolution tapes will be frustrating because of the snippets and Vigotone box set will still be core material.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

According to Uncut, “A number of hidden audio and video tracks, along with secret messages and other Easter Eggs are spread across the set.​” So, maybe we'll get some of those extra tracks after all..?
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

well, perhaps a bit of unreleased tracks here and there, "I'm The Greatest" (the take from the EP);
but certainly not the complete "I'm The Greatest" sessions like on Something Precious & Rare Vigotone (from tape source) or the "Rock'N'Roll People" sessions (which are great); there are a lot of takes on Vigotone Absolute Elsewhere box set.
I've never understood why Lennon did not release on his own "Rock'n'Roll People"; it could have been a 45rps.

we are far from the "Instant Karma" sessions which I did not expect on POB deluxe.
What happened, the "team" behind this deluxe edition has changed ?
niallquinn

Post by niallquinn »

In case you missed it, Craig Charles on Radio6, played the Evolution mix twice in half an hour on his show yesterday, as the world premier.

Personally, it sounded splendid too me.

Here it is in case you missed it, non UK people, might need to use a VPN I don't know.

But anyway, it was an half an hour piece of playing it twice and discussion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001zpjc

The one and a half grand version sounds crackers, I'll settle for the 6 cd version.
Golem

Post by Golem »

yep its also on youtube and streaming
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

I just read the 14 page Mind Games Press Release that I got, since we know "I'm The Greatest" is on the set from the EP, I wonder what will be the other 14 unlisted songs???
skynet

Post by skynet »

Well i went and pre-purchase the "Standard" Deluxe Edition, i think the Super Deluxe is too much garbage in it that i am not interested in, they should have thrown more CDs with outtakes not snippets.

I mean... the big super deluxe set is a monster... i wonder if Sean is overcompensating for the lack of quality music on "Mind Games" (let's be honest, there are a few tracks that are just nonsense there) or something else...
danlego

Post by danlego »

Maybe Money That's what we ..... on the 14 unlisted songs !