FIRST US VISIT coming soon!

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
Maccawings

Re: FIRST US VISIT coming soon!

Post by Maccawings »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:40 pm
Ziggy C wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:02 pm

Our friend maccawings has said there is probably no LIB bluray this year so it looks as if they have farmed out that side of it to FAB. :lol:

A few friends were at the premiere and in talking with some execs, it looks like 2025 before we get official LIB product. But Fab, VooDoo and just about every other bootlegger will have copies already/soon
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

jackb wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:54 pm It is good news about First US Visit being revisited. I, however, have to take issue with all this negativity about the Let It Be film. I think it's a great movie. There are some sloppy edits, but that's pretty normal in concert films and rock documentaries. I first saw the movie at a drive-in theater, so you can imagine how bad the sound was. But I was thrilled to be able to watch the Beatles. And for the next 50 years whenever I saw the film I felt I was watching a totally different movie. One time I felt lucky to be a fly on the wall and watch how the Beatles worked in the studio. One time I was amazed that although The Beatles were not getting along they were able to work together and produce something wonderful and exciting. One time I felt I was watching a group of musicians who knew each other so well and really truly were a group. On and on. If every time I watch a movie I get something new out of it, in my mind that's a great film.

Jack
That's great that you find it exciting. Don't mind what I said. Everybody takes something different away from an experience.
A few friends were at the premiere and in talking with some execs, it looks like 2025 before we get official LIB product. But Fab, VooDoo and just about every other bootlegger will have copies already/soon
I guess they know that the fans will buy both. Which you can take one of two ways: why should fans be forced to pay for something twice, or; why pay for a naughty copy when you can just wait for the real one. The real shame is that physical media is becoming the poor relation and nobody in the industry cares about it anymore (short of overpriced coloured vinyl). It started with the surround mixes being left out of the SDEs and will continue to get worse until one day all physical product will be maufactured by bootleggers in Japan with no legit version available outside of streaming. It's a strange world we find ourselves in.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

Let It Be has all sorts of problems in that it doesn't define what they were trying to do or get to so it seems very meandering. It just starts and carries on and there's very little detail.

First US visit is amazing. Cannot wait for more of that.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Agreed. First US Visit is the REAL Hard Day's Night, and much, much funnier. The scenes on the train to Washington are just classic. Would be great to see more of that.
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

I love the bit in US Visit where John is sitting playing the start of Strawberry Fields on the melodica.
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

DrRobert wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:11 pm I love the bit in US Visit where John is sitting playing the start of Strawberry Fields on the melodica.
Same!!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

That was John's favourite progression, he used it or a variation of it on many of his songs. A lifelong fascination for him.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Still waiting...
beatlesaint

Post by beatlesaint »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:30 am Still waiting...
They'll be giving Mind Games the space for the next month or so.
I think this will be more a Christmas time release, they've supposedly had it ready to go since late 2023 so whats another 6 months in Apple World ? :roll:
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

beatlesaint wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:59 amwhats another 6 months in Apple World ? :roll:
Or six decades...