Let It Be Film - end of an era

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Spaniard in da Works

Re: Let It Be Film - end of an era

Post by Spaniard in da Works »

Fun 4 None wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:45 pm
People say it's Jeff making different decisions than Neil but I think it's one of the four core parties who made the change.
Given that one of the main guidelines for expanding the tracklist of the Red Album seems to have been "more George", I wouldn't be surprised if it was Olivia.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

2160 : 10Gb for a 265 encoded video (a 1080 264 is also "around") - I was not expecting that soon... There was no release date ? :oops: :?:
If the argentic film texture is preserved in this new restoration (should be) I really hope that we will get a UHD/Blu-Ray combo release.
I hope that it will release by Criterion (which put out Richard Lester's A Hard Day's Night : a stunning restoration in blu-ray; then re-release in UHD/Blu-Ray combo).
sam004

Post by sam004 »

billylentz wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:12 pm We´ll always have "All for love" and "Carnival of light"...

But about "Let it be", I´m still nor very satisfied with it being stream-only.
Disney has an exclusive on streaming. And hopefully the Get Back DVD sold well enough to encourage a
Let It Be release.

What was the timeline ? About 12 months ? Not including the fact they had to repress the DVDs due to an 'error'
A chance to sell it all again, repackage Let It Be and Get back together.
teegee

Post by teegee »

joguema wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:12 am
Sid Burnsteen wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:07 pm At 68, I must be the oldest member here - on this thread, anyway.
No, you're not, as I'm 72 and I know of at least 1 member, who is 76 years old.
And I am 70 - I am sure there a more of us in our 70's on here.
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

I still didn't see any torrent sites of Let It Be yet.
fab4gear

Post by fab4gear »

I'm 75 in August
"In My Life, I've Loved Them All "
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

So.

The movie is 4x3 ratio, with a new intro with Peter Jackson and MLH.
The soundtrack is absolutely in Dolby Atmos.
The video wipe effect when the movie transitions to Apple is now a straight cut.
And there is slightly more footage after Paul finishes Get Back on the roof.
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

The interview between PJ and MLH is a nice addition....a wee bit of fawning on the part of PJ, but still nice. The picture is awesome. My go-to as far as scrutinizing the A/V synch has always been Maxwell's Silver Hammer; Mal banging the anvil. It always frustrated me when that was out of synch. Now it's perfectly aligned. Happy. The picture is fresh, a little bit brighter....a little bit. The movie will always be somewhat of a downer for me as it depicts a band trying to get something together when they are clearly moving apart. 4:3 aspect doesn't bother me. It's how it was. I would've preferred the Get Back reprise at the end, just to keep the original film intact.....followed by the longer Oh Darling piece for the additional credits on the restoration.

If I were to choose between Get Back and Let It Be, I would choose Let It Be because it has a much shorter running time and far less repetition.

-Z
Tex

Post by Tex »

They should add alternative angles to a Bluray.
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Davenicks wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:28 pm The new myth, which we see being spun and repeated in lots of the writing about this release, is that "Let It Be got only a limited theatrical release in 1970, after which it remained unavailable to see for decades." The fact is, Let It Be ran in theaters and drive-ins across America for years. Maybe not as extensive in the second run market as Rocky Horror, but it ran a lot. I saw it projected on the wall of the student center in college in the mid 70s. Midnight showings in theaters and at drive-ins on weekends were common. It then had a second life in 1981, when it was released to home video on VHS, Betamax, Laserdisc and CED Video disc. Sure, the mastering was botched, but it sold well and copies were available for sale and in rental stores at least through the 80s.
But both statements aren’t completely false either, nor complete myths… In regard to the theatrical run that usually relates to the commercial release, not what independent theaters, universities, arthouses and so on do with the prints they obtained somehow. In regards to the ‘decades’: don’t forget 1984 is four decades ago… So it may have been slightly longer than the 50 years that’s sometimes reiterated but it’s not that far off. And it is true it hasn’t been available for at least three, most often four decades, especially if it didn’t sell well on video then chances are slim people saw it somehow. Also why the tv bootlegs were only mediocre tv broadcasts from the early days.