Requesting EMI Deltas

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
Tex

Re: Requesting EMI Deltas

Post by Tex »

In my TYG (or was it FMTY?) there's a different harmonica SI take between the mono and stereo or the raw tape. Either way I used the bit that was easiest to extract (which was not 100% identical) because of extract-ability or sound quality concerns. No one would notice the difference if I didn't point it out anyways. If the bootlegs reflect the existing session tapes any new remix would probably do the same. I doubt Giles Martin would even notice the difference but I haven't examined the new RED version (nor do I care to inhale his remix stink).
Spaniard in da Works

Post by Spaniard in da Works »

IIRC in the stereo TYG the last harmonica riff (not counting the onr in the coda) enters a bit earlier than in the mono, creating a bit of a syncopation.
slane

Post by slane »

Spaniard in da Works wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:02 pm IIRC in the stereo TYG the last harmonica riff (not counting the onr in the coda) enters a bit earlier than in the mono, creating a bit of a syncopation.
That's because it cuts to the ending edit piece (and the harmonica overdubbed on top of it) earlier than the mono version does.

MONO - Last chorus (Take 6) - Harmonica (overdub onto Take 6) / Ending edit piece

STEREO - Last chorus (Take 6) / Ending edit piece (with harmonica overdub onto edit piece)

In other words, the mono stays with Take 6 during that harmonica interlude. The stereo goes to the edit piece instead.