Yoko to receive award

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
jackb

Yoko to receive award

Post by jackb »

monkeesfan1965

Re: Yoko to receive award

Post by monkeesfan1965 »

Good for her. I never disliked her, I jut didn't "get" her art.
"please tell your mother I am not a bum. I am a musician"
GP10Ellison

Post by GP10Ellison »

I know the joke (which wasn't always a joke) goes "yoko broke up the beatles" but having watched, read and listened to so much of their studio stuff I haven't believed that for a long time.
If the other beatles hated her why would they do the Ballad of John and Yoko?

if anything she is part of bringing them back together when she gave them the tapes of real love, free as a bird, and Now & then
beckman99

Post by beckman99 »

GP10Ellison wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:13 pm
If the other beatles hated her why would they do the Ballad of John and Yoko?
so far I know the ballad was recorded just by john and paul as they were they only two in london at the time. I once read that john said that he needed money which was the main reason for recording it in absent of the other two and releasing it as a single. it was released in may 69, a time after the get back sessions where no one, except of paul, really cared bout the beatles as a band anymore.
GP10Ellison

Post by GP10Ellison »

beckman99 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:15 am
so far I know the ballad was recorded just by john and paul as they were they only two in london at the time. I once read that john said that he needed money which was the main reason for recording it in absent of the other two and releasing it as a single. it was released in may 69, a time after the get back sessions where no one, except of paul, really cared bout the beatles as a band anymore.
seeing them all together with Yoko in Get Back and other stuff over the years I never saw them treat her badly or ignore her etc.
I wouldn't be surprised if Klein started the Yoko caused the break up rumors.
Gredel21

Post by Gredel21 »

Give Yoko credit ( and now Sean ) for keeping the Lennon estate active.
Thru releasing demo's and outtakes we would probably never heard and also the Art exhibitions ie the Art of John and Yoko.
All tho most focus on her Primal Scream period, She has given the Art world very interesting displays, Some of which I dont get.
Thoughts ???
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

I've just read the Mal Evans book and to be fair, Yoko gets a lot of credit for helping the Evans family etc. And who amongst us did not feel a little piqued when we were young, when a mate would bring along a girlfriend on a boys night out ?

On the other hand, she did nick George's biscuits though :o