Beatles come back! (German Single reissues) coming in the near future

Rare and Out of Print needledrops only
PaulMcJohn

Beatles come back! (German Single reissues) coming in the near future

Post by PaulMcJohn »

Shortly I'm beginning to upload a lot of singles from the German re-issue series "Beatles come back!".

Years ago I had some of those singles in different quality - some in excellent shape (soundwise), some nearly poor and almost unusable.
Additionally I had a bunch of original German Odeon and Apple singles released back in the sixties, again in different quality.
At some point I had the idea of ​​adding the same artwork to the old singles from the sixties and creating an almost complete collection "Beatles come back!" digitally.

The original covers being quite old and having black front artwork, which tend to get wrinkles, tears and other issues, I reworked all covers (incl. some new lettering), so that the quality of all singles are equal.

I didn't have all the complete singles in my collection - I'd say I had about half of them and some were not in good shape. So I got the missing recordings from friends of mine who sent me their unrestored raw data which I then restored digitally like I did with my own singles.
While restoring vinyl, I tend to leave some of the background noise of the recordings intact and only lower the level and high frequency noise of those parts a little (to preserve some of the vinyl sound character of those discs). I recorded all my singles some years ago and have sold them shortly after. For the audio restoration of my needle drops I use Wave Purity, Adobe Audition and/or Wavelab 6 with different plugins. For restoring the artwork I use Photoshop (a very old v6).

In addition to the sixties Odeon and Apple singles and the seventies "Beatles come back!" singles I also added at least one "home-made" (i.e. never officially released) single ("Any Time At All" b.w. "I'll Be back", both taken from the mono lp), because I thought it would fit perfectly into this set.
And another addition to this collection are some Stereo versions, which were availabe on different platforms about four years ago. AFAIK these are all made using spectral editing, therefore I added an "SP" suffix to the original catalog numbers (e.g. Odeon, 1C 006-05 265 SP for the "Love me Do" single. Of course nowadays there are better Stereo remixes available, but I did my whole audio restoration about four years ago and will leave the releases as they are.

I began this task some years ago in another forum, but at that time I only uploaded about 10 discs or so.
Now I will hopefuly complete this task. These recordings do not represent a new milestone for every Beatles collector (soundwise and from the material, which is used). But I fell in love of these singles when they were released from EMI in my youth and I always wished to have an almost complete collection. With all Mono, Stereo and Spectral versions there will even be more than twice as many published as back then.

See you later if you're interested in this series...
Phil_Lip

Re: Beatles come back! (German Single reissues) coming in the near future

Post by Phil_Lip »

Looking forward to it!
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

I love singles! Can't wait!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

Thank you very much !!