One Hand Clapping OUT VERY SOON !

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Fast lucky

One Hand Clapping OUT VERY SOON !

Post by Fast lucky »

Just announced, One Hand Clapping, vinyl, CD and streaming out on June 14. Includes also The Backyard. :D
Gredel21

Re: One Hand Clapping OUT VERY SOON !

Post by Gredel21 »

The Video was released on the Band on the Run in 2010 as a bonus disc with other features.
The quality doesnt look the best - looks like it was copied from a 2nd generation print
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

It will never look great. It's a colour film recording of a lost videotape, made by pointiong a colour film camera at a monitor. Very lossy process.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Krussell2021

Post by Krussell2021 »

Is it possible the original video tape has been discovered? Wasn't it produced by the then ATV Midlands? Now Central Television I think.
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

I'd call it "visually adequate" but the audio is still pretty impressive. I also note they always cut off Paul's original introduction of "Hand On The Buns."
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

And it still has “Suicide” removed…

Wonder what the story is with that…
FestVideoRoom

Post by FestVideoRoom »

Krussell2021 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:59 am Is it possible the original video tape has been discovered? Wasn't it produced by the then ATV Midlands? Now Central Television I think.
No. One Hand Clapping was an in-house production. McCartney hired the late David Litchfield to record the sessions on 3/4" Umatic tape as the nascent format would be convenient and ideal to quickly view and review the performances as a tool towards rehearsing the band. Somewhere in the midst of all this, McCartney decided the footage would work well as a television special, but that soon became problematic as there was no easy way in 1974 England to properly edit Umatic footage. Thus, the tapes were dumped to kinescope for editing purposes and the finished film shopped around to the TV networks -- only to be rejected by every single prospective buyer due to the incredibly poor quality of the resulting visuals.

The original 3/4" tapes have long since been lost, misplaced or very possibly destroyed. It's possible that they may turn up one day, but there's been no official word on that yet.
Rickenbacker325 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm And it still has “Suicide” removed…

Suicide is on the McCartney Archives set. There's your story. If you want it, it's there.
Gringo557 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:18 pm I'd call it "visually adequate" but the audio is still pretty impressive. I also note they always cut off Paul's original introduction of "Hand On The Buns."
The version of Band on the Run included in the video is NOT the same take as the one on the bootlegs (take 6) where he introduces it that way. It's SIMILAR, but not identical.

S.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm And it still has “Suicide” removed…

Suicide is on the McCartney Archives set. There's your story. If you want it, it's there.

Yes....but why is it still being omitted....no story there I'm afraid..
snrub

Post by snrub »

Couldn't Peter Jackson improve the visuals?