[REQ] Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session Video

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
RubberSolof

Re: [REQ] Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session Video

Post by RubberSolof »

cliftdean74 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:02 pm
Somnar wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:37 am Plenty of used copies around for $15 or so, but if you want a new one for $80, here you go:
Let me just make sure I’m understanding you correctly. I made a request for a video that is currently out of print everywhere and that someone on the forum likely has in their collection. And your suggestion to me is that I can purchase a “used - acceptable” DVD from a reseller on Amazon or a new (out of print) copy from a reseller on Amazon for $80?

I can’t calculate the hours and expense I have put into sharing audio and video materials with this forum. My contributions to the board speak for themselves. And now, I make a simple request for an out of print video and these are the first 2 responses I get? Go buy a used copy.

Noted.

And while I’m off doing that I’ll also be shelving the rest of the material I had lined up to share with the forum in the near and distant future.

Thanks for the suggestions, Somnar & journeyman!
I was recently in Bangladesh and they were selling excellent brand new copies there for just a few pennies.... may I suggest you fly there and walk through the main streets and alleys until you find a reputable dealer who will gladly sell you one. Think of the money you will save vs the idea of buying a used copy from an unknown dealer on EBAY.

Brilliant!!
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

RubberSolof wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:01 am
Somnar wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:37 am Plenty of used copies around for $15 or so, but if you want a new one for $80, here you go:
Let me just make sure I’m understanding you correctly. I made a request for a video that is currently out of print everywhere and that someone on the forum likely has in their collection. And your suggestion to me is that I can purchase a “used - acceptable” DVD from a reseller on Amazon or a new (out of print) copy from a reseller on Amazon for $80?

I can’t calculate the hours and expense I have put into sharing audio and video materials with this forum. My contributions to the board speak for themselves. And now, I make a simple request for an out of print video and these are the first 2 responses I get? Go buy a used copy.

Noted.

And while I’m off doing that I’ll also be shelving the rest of the material I had lined up to share with the forum in the near and distant future.

I was recently in Bangladesh and they were selling excellent brand new copies there for just a few pennies.... may I suggest you fly there and walk through the main streets and alleys until you find a reputable dealer who will gladly sell you one. Think of the money you will save vs the idea of buying a used copy from an unknown dealer on EBAY.

Brilliant!!
The point I was making obviously went right over your head. I really don’t appreciate your sarcasm.
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Phil_Lip wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:29 pm I think I have an original DVD at home, I will check later.
In the meantime, here is a nice quality TV rip.

hxxps://we.tl/t-TpK9YU5Hcz
That´s what I actually was expecting, a good quality recording from the TV. 8-)

Meanwhile my DVDs is covering with dust. Thanks a lot !!!
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

ruedabeat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:35 pm
Phil_Lip wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:29 pm I think I have an original DVD at home, I will check later.
In the meantime, here is a nice quality TV rip.

hxxps://we.tl/t-TpK9YU5Hcz
That´s what I actually was expecting, a good quality recording from the TV. 8-)

Meanwhile my DVDs keeps covering with dust. Thanks a lot !!!
Somnar

Post by Somnar »

Noted.

Calm down. You said you'd buy a copy if you could, so a few of us posted links to copies available for you to purchase. There was no editorializing or chastising - just links.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Somnar wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 pm

Noted.

Calm down. You said you'd buy a copy if you could, so a few of us posted links to copies available for you to purchase. There was no editorializing or chastising - just links.
You calm down. EVERYTHING shared here is available somewhere. So my suggestion to you is don't download anything here and go buy it from a seller on Amazon or eBay. So the next time I make a request, mind your business and don't reply with your Amazon links.
cdgm

Post by cdgm »

cliftdean74 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:18 am Would anyone happen to have a good quality video of Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session featuring George and Ringo and lots of other people?
There is one on the Russian Tracker that looks active.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

cdgm wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:27 am
cliftdean74 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:18 am Would anyone happen to have a good quality video of Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session featuring George and Ringo and lots of other people?
There is one on the Russian Tracker that looks active.
Thanks, the request has been filled here 10 times over.
MUR

Post by MUR »

Jens Terje wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:28 am Carl Perkins And Friends - Blue Suede Shoes. A Rockabilly Session (1986) in FLAC:

hoops://we.tl/t-2WvUX9qLq0
Thanks for the link. In it, 3 flac songs are zero-size. Also, in the dir 'Info' cue/flac files are also zero-size. Is that accidental?
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.