Quarry Men Kennsington Acetate copy on Ebay

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
jgjohnson

Quarry Men Kennsington Acetate copy on Ebay

Post by jgjohnson »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204692834280

One of the copys McCartney made of the Quarry Men Kennsington disc is on Ebay.
If one of you buys it, you'll have the missing verse of "In Spite of All the Danger"
A-Caceres

Re: Quarry Men Kennsington Acetate copy on Ebay

Post by A-Caceres »

What's interesting if true, that this would have the original length of the tracks! I was happy that HMC would release the auction tapes.. until I saw possibly the same material on Misterclaudel. HMC debuts many unbooted material, and I do hope the new sets sells well. Hopefully they can get a copy of this Quarry Men disc!
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

I wish that McCartney would put this out as a record store day release. Jack White put out the Elvis "My Happiness" acetate that he owns. An exact copy that even plays at 78rpm.
I wish that McCartney would do that with the Quarry Men disc. Everybody would love it.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I read they don't contain the song, they are just blank.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

That's certainly true of the replicas that John "Duff" Lowe got to legally sell in the nineties. But I'd like to think an inner circle copy from Paul in the eighties would actually be playable. If not, then you're basically paying $19,000 for an autograph. In black pen on black paper, no less!
Bumblebee

Post by Bumblebee »

dascottjr wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:52 am That's certainly true of the replicas that John "Duff" Lowe got to legally sell in the nineties. But I'd like to think an inner circle copy from Paul in the eighties would actually be playable. If not, then you're basically paying $19,000 for an autograph. In black pen on black paper, no less!
Is that actually Paul’s autograph? It’s signed ‘Paul W’ with a message that says ‘with complements’ as opposed to ‘compliments’.

The seller has some top end items for sale, alas they come with top end prices - £2,000 for a mono Two Virgins with a badly damaged label that someone’s had a go at fixing up. Repair Shop standard it is not. Mind you, he’s had that listed for a few months now so it’s clearly overpriced.
Leonid

Post by Leonid »

The listing got updated with the info about ISOATD duration.
2:40, so it's edited
DagB

Post by DagB »

So, was the Anthology edit actually done in the early 80s?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Leonid wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:13 pm The listing got updated with the info about ISOATD duration.
2:40, so it's edited
Phooey. Who wants that.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

So edited it is. I remember hearing about these McCartney made reproductions and at the time they were made, and they were suppose to the same length as the original acetate. There were 10-inch reproductions made and 7-inch versions. Maybe the 10-inch ones had the original recording? Now it doesn’t seem likely
A reproduction of the original 10-inch record, with the original, unedited recording would make a great Record store day release, and one of the best RSD releases ever.
More likely though would be a RSD issue of McCartney 3.