Bootlegzone.com Update ?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
WOA76

Bootlegzone.com Update ?

Post by WOA76 »

EDIT (Nov. 21): the code I wrote more than 20 years ago for the website cannot be run on modern/secure WWW servers. The programming language I used still exists but my code is for a very old version of that language and the modern version does not support several features I used back then. Most of these restrictions apply to the BZ database access, some to security (back then we didn't have those problems :D ). It means I have to refactor ALL the code if I want BZ up again !
It means going through thousands lines of code ! This is a major setback as it will push further away the time when BZ is back online again. The good news is that once this is done the site will comply to more modern standards regarding database access and security, so it's worth it. Thanks for your patience.

Any news ??
I have been around since the start I think I posted as MedicineJar76 or Medicine Jar1976 I was a guy who got hold of the guy singing on Free As A Bird as guild track because could see John's version
I wish had an email still the company is long gone...
Chris
Yellowsubmarine

Re: Bootlegzone.com Update ?

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

Unfortunately, François (tilleul) doesn't reply.

It seems like he doesn't want to update it.
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

He's set up a monumental task for himself so unless he's quietly working solo or with a group I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

What would be the point.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

Megazeti wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:57 pm He's set up a monumental task for himself so unless he's quietly working solo or with a group I wouldn't get my hopes up.
tbh I think he gave it up.

4 years soon without a single update.