Looking for the "other half"

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Nine-0-Nine

Looking for the "other half"

Post by Nine-0-Nine »

A couple of years ago I bought at ebay a few CDs (allegedly) reissued by Ebbetts from his MFSL collection. I only was able to buy the first 5 albums. The others had been bought by another person who seemingly ignored my efforts to swap rips and scans of our halves.

*picture from the great MOPTOP's site:

Is this person among us here? If not, does anyone have those other CDs?

Thanks in advance!
Kando

Re: Looking for the "other half"

Post by Kando »

Getting your hands on actual silver discs will probably be rather difficult. Rips though certainly seem quite available though. There are multiple threads with site links posted that have almost everything that DESS ever produced. They all seem to be flac based, so quality should be pretty decent. Plus decent artwork is available for just about everything as well.
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
monkeesfan1965

Re: Looking for the "other half"

Post by monkeesfan1965 »

I sold hard copies For Doc E through the BZ back in the day. I wanted no extra money, but he was kind enough to let me earn discs for myself, based on a sales quaota and a degree of silence. I never told his name, I never shared his email addresses. I collected, and forwarded- a true middleman. In 1999 I lost contact with him and I stopped getting silvers. The ones I had, after years of enjoyment, I did what a good fan should do- I got them free and I gave them away to a fellow fan in 2013, somewhere in Nebraska. I bet she still hords them and lstens often. Or at least that's how I like to think it is ;)
"please tell your mother I am not a bum. I am a musician"