The First US Visit documentary coming up?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Lord Reith

Re: The First US Visit documentary coming up?

Post by Lord Reith »

fabwill wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:14 pm A ‘virtual shopping experience’. Not quite what any of us were hoping for.
That has got to be the crappest letdown ever. Who thinks of these things and why are they being paid?
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Carose

Post by Carose »

Isn't it a pity they prove time and time again just how clueless they are as to what their fans want , a build up to a tremendous let down , typical Apple !
noirbar

Post by noirbar »

This might have been a world class Box Set:

Audio: CDs of MTB, DC and Sullivan (including Deauville rehearsal).

Blu-ray: arrival at JFK, Press Conf, 3 Sullivans, DC Concert, US Visit/Maysles, private reels (relaxing in Miami), return home.

Vinyl: repros of 45's from Dec & Jan: Hand/I Saw Her Standing, She Loves You/Can't Do That, maybe PPM/From Me to You (Vee Jay). (Even a MTB Dexterized LP?)

Book: "It was 60 years go today- Beatles Conquer America, 1964."

Fun possible extras: just one or two of so many '64 repros to choose from - stickers, buttons, stamps, photos, trading cards.

For those here stateside, following the devastating, prior October Presidential assassination, entirely dour national mood and mid-winter gloom, these four "long-haired" smart, cheeky cute, lovable and obviously talented musicians from Liverpool came out of nowhere, land in NYC, completely wow the crowd of fans and non-fans (including a very hostile press), draw a historic 73 million viewers, dominate the charts, and begin to change everything about popular music, This was a landmark in U.S. history and still resonates through the decades.

Instead we got a cheap plastic play set and 3" vinyl records no one can use.

P.S. I know, coulda/shoulda (plus some sticky copy-write matters), and I do love Apple for all they've done recently, but it's a disappointing lost opportunity.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

"Shopping experience" sure is one way to say "Merch".
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

noirbar wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:48 pm This might have been a world class Box Set:

Audio: CDs of MTB, DC and Sullivan (including Deauville rehearsal).

Blu-ray: arrival at JFK, Press Conf, 3 Sullivans, DC Concert, US Visit/Maysles, private reels (relaxing in Miami), return home.

Vinyl: repros of 45's from Dec & Jan: Hand/I Saw Her Standing, She Loves You/Can't Do That, maybe PPM/From Me to You (Vee Jay). (Even a MTB Dexterized LP?)

Book: "It was 60 years go today- Beatles Conquer America, 1964."

Fun possible extras: just one or two of so many '64 repros to choose from - stickers, buttons, stamps, photos, trading cards.
Yes, I would sure buy that! But it's a bit too fantastical to ever happen. They didn't commemorate 1963 in any way so why would there be anything for 1964. I think this year will pass in much the same way as last, with an SDE or LIB around October.

Perhaps the problem is that Paul and Ringo still have careers, and don't like the idea of The Beatles getting more than one big exposure a year. After they have passed (and I hope that is along way away) we might see some stuff of this kind or perhaps (hopefully) a tidal wave of archive material. But if Paul lives to 100 - which is entirely possible - that may be too late for many of us.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Opportunities for major nostalgia box sets and their associated cash-grabs came and went. 1962....nope. 1963...wasted. 1964....even this early in the year, seems a bust. Why forego the opportunity to make a commemorative Beatles First Visit extravaganza available on the day?

Milestones go whizzing by....
Millstones at Apple take a whiz on it.

I liken Giles Martin to a mediocre tofu version of the real thing.

And Apple started out as a company with big dreams. There was so much to look forward to.
It's up to us. Forget them.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

That mini record player with the four 3 inch singles has got to be the crappest thing I have ever seen. This is the commemoration of the first US visit? A toy? Who buys this garbage?
Chicagofanforever 5+

Post by Chicagofanforever 5+ »

They will be lining up for the garbage....amazing!