Everything You Ever Wanted (or didn't want) To Know About "Intertel VTR Services" (and quite a bit more...)

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Lord Reith

Everything You Ever Wanted (or didn't want) To Know About "Intertel VTR Services" (and quite a bit more...)

Post by Lord Reith »

Intertel made all the Beatles promo films from 1965 to 1968, and yet I had never seen any information anywhere about them. It was like they had never existed. Until now!

I stumbled across this web page which gives more information about them than even the biggest tv nerd could ask for. How they began, where they operated, who they made programmes for, and even details of what equipment they used!

I was interested to learn that an episode of Journey To The Unknown called "The Girl In The Crowd" shows Intertel's actual studios and, by coincidence, this is one of only two episodes I have of this show. And since it also features Jane Asher in the 1960s... well, it's now just crying out to be rewatched. :)

https://www.tvstudiohistory.co.uk/itv-s ... ombe-road/
intertel-ad.jpg
intertel-ad.jpg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 364 times
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Phil_Lip

Re: Everything You Ever Wanted (or didn't want) To Know About "Intertel VTR Services" (and quite a bit more...)

Post by Phil_Lip »

Fascinating story - but what an ignominious ending!
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
Lord Reith

Re: Everything You Ever Wanted (or didn't want) To Know About "Intertel VTR Services" (and quite a bit more...)

Post by Lord Reith »

Yes, there one moment and gone the next.

Pretty amazing company though. Totally normal now, but way ahead of the game at the time.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene