Dr.Ebbet - what is the truth about his CD reissues?

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Kando

Re: Dr.Ebbet - what is the truth about his CD reissues?

Post by Kando »

zaval80 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:09 pm
Same file size is a good indicator, but the proper way of comparing two samey files is to make WAVs of both (if they are mono, they should be converted into stereo) and to compare WAVs in EAC. This comparison would show the tell-tale signs of added / missing samples.
Oh, I completely agree. My observation was just that what I saw was just an odd occurrence that sporadically appeared here and there through many of the same regular, and even special bootleg releases. I would have originally guessed that they would have all been identical, if not at least very close to the same size file. It just seems like there was a mixture of various track versions scattered here and there. At some point I will probably make an effort, just out of curiosity, to compare the various oddities. As I have pretty much all of the same releases on original silver cd's I'm mostly just curious to see if any of these match, or can possibly better soundwise, what I already have. I rather doubt it, but I'm always looking for the best sources of all Beatles' non-AI affected musical material. I'm also not huge on flac unless that is my only source. Yes, I know it is really good, but I prefer to stick with straight WAV, from original WAV sources, as much as possible.
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"