MEGA downloads

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
FileUnderT

MEGA downloads

Post by FileUnderT »

I downloaded a collection of HMC files last night. They are showing on my desktop in a folder and all the titles are there. However, they show with a green 'tick' on the folder. When I try playing the video it says 'your input cannot be opened' - whilst others can play. Is these files actually on my desktop or is this the megacloud I am seeing?? I'm puzzled.
zaval80

Re: MEGA downloads

Post by zaval80 »

You'd need some old-fashioned file manager software to control the contents of your disc. I use Total Commander.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I've never been able to understand megaupload. Instead of just giving you the file it goes through a whole complicated process using masses of memory and background processes and often gets halfway through before telling you that you've downloaded too much and to piss off. Even when you've not downloaded anything from them in six months.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

It works like a charm with JDownloader2, and without any excesses like losing the file halfway through.
ksantus

Post by ksantus »

zaval80 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:26 pm It works like a charm with JDownloader2, and without any excesses like losing the file halfway through.
So you're saying you use JDownloader2 along with MegaUpload?
Please explain briefly
Thanks,
Kevin
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

You install JDownloader2, and then you copy the Mega links you fancy. JD2 accepts the copied links, and off you go. Some Mega links in their sum can give you a download limit (can be 1.5 Gb, can be 4 to 5 Gb, depends on their politics of the day. Then you should stop JD2 when it finishes downloading, and to start it anew in 6 hours - roughly, there are 4 time spots within 24 hours when Mega is d/l'ed if there is a limit and you need too much; just mark 6 hours and start anew). But there are also "bottomless" Mega links - you just dl and dl from these, however much free space you have :D All this time, you have perfect control thanks to JD2, it's very convenient. JD2 also accepts GoogleDrive, WeTransfer and some other file-sharing sites.

As for "Megaupload", that old site of Kim Dotcom ceased to be since 2011 or so. The new one is just "Mega".
Last edited by zaval80 on Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ksantus

Post by ksantus »

Thanks for thre info zaval80, I'll give it a whirl :roll: