Red & Blue Albums

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Ronson

Re: Red & Blue Albums

Post by Ronson »

I don't mind the Giles remasterings because those work better in my car, although I avoid them at home using headphones. So, I have a musical library for driving in traffic and another for home use.

As far as preferring stereo over mono, "I Am the Walrus" taught me that lesson when I was a tyke. Listening to the original LP recording collapse into mono after the bridge was always unpleasant. Back in the 80s, I even tried to sync up tapes of the basic band track with the mono ending to correct it (of course, that was a disaster). Again, as with the Giles-compression subject, I don't mind mono too much in the car, though still not my preference.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Seems like the SHF thread has been put down. Thank heavens for small mercies!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

Yow.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:58 pm Seems like the SHF thread has been put down. Thank heavens for small mercies!
All: Kaili!!!
KC
Ronson

Post by Ronson »

Seems like SHF music forum main menu is glitched (not that it is any great loss). Everything else seems to work.
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

Finally have the CDs in my hands, thanks to the help of a friend who came back from the US. I´m so happy! Spotify and downloading is fine, but actually having the physical media is beyond compare, and CDs are still my favorite way to listen to music.

The red remixes are really good, specially on the songs from "Please please me" and "A hard day´s night", which has always had a muffled sound. It´s the album that best deserves a remix with new technology.

On the downside, besides the disappointing "She loves you" remix, I can´t believe that having had fifty years to think about it and apparently having learnt the lesson, they came back with the black writings over the red background. Looks like it´s a pretty protocolar text anyway; maybe they were trying to discourage people to read it. It´s that´s the goal, they´re getting it.