Dae Lims SMiLE AI version

General music and other artist discussions.
tdgrnwld

Re: Dae Lims SMiLE AI version

Post by tdgrnwld »

tymime wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:42 am
tdgrnwld wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:38 am Thank you!
While we're on the topic, does anyone know where to find Bookoff Smile?
I forgot to grab a copy, and now it has disappeared from Vimeo.
archive.org/details/bookoffsmile
Thank you timime!
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Hi folks,

I wonder if someone could PM me (please) with the links of Dae Lims "Smile" project in FLAC that would be amazing (which I have downloaded with Jdownloader of course on youtube, afraid that it would be gone away quickly) :oops: :?:
I have seen a video on youtube from Mike's review of Dae Lims project of "Smile" using A.I models.
I only know "Bookoff Smile" and there has been a new song "Song For A Child" for an upgraded or new version of Bookoff Smile upcoming which is amazing.
I have registered since last summer (perhaps even before) at smile
But never received a confirmation email/approval from the mods (only the automatic confirmation email for my registration, but pending mods approval) (which is necessary to have a full active account); :?
That's why I can see the post on this Smile forum, but can't comment or post to give my comments about how great these mixes are.
I think that recording his own vocals, creating new arrangement, before using an AI model is the best way to have in the end a "natural" feeling of having Brian singing.
It sounds at first paradoxal but with talented people like this, it opens new doors for such talented people with creativity, imagination to create their own vision. (Of course there are a lot of shitty stuff using A.I)
That reminds me the sessions of Absolute Beginners where David Bowie is impersonating Bruce Springsteen, Marc Bolan, Iggy Pop...

Thanks in advance for your help for helping me to hear Dae Lims "Smile"'s version and if you can help me to finish my registration at smileysmile dot net that would be great. :oops:
Pattie

Post by Pattie »

Speaking of Smile, the other day a friend passed me this link and I think it has excellent material from the Beach Boys: http://jiggy22.blogspot.com/
Tell Me What You See 8-)
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

There are 2 new amazing A.I songs with Brian Wilson from 1966 on Day Lims Youtube account; go check it out and grabbed it with downloader before they are removed. They are superb!
Anybody knows where I could get it in FLAC ?

In the meantime, I'm following and waiting patiently (no not really) for Bookoff SMiLe+ (a FLAC impressive new version of a song has been posted a while ago)...
Petsounds1966x

Post by Petsounds1966x »

Pattie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:12 am Speaking of Smile, the other day a friend passed me this link and I think it has excellent material from the Beach Boys: http://jiggy22.blogspot.com/
Yep, Jiggy is the real deal. I’m generally not much for Dae Lims Beach Boys stuff (though I loved his “completed” version of “Walk On By”!) because he goes overboard replacing real Beach Boys vocals with his own AI vocals, but he’s obviously musically talented.

But Jiggy’s remixes generally sound wonderful and the care he puts into it is leagues beyond what the poorly mastered, often weirdly-mixed stuff the official Beach Boys camp has been putting out since Feel Flows. He’s planning to update his “Jiggy Flows” set at some point, which I’m quite looking forward to, hoping for a nice sounding new mix of “Fourth of July” that combines the alternate version with backing vocals with the officially released lead vocal version but omits the guitar-playing-the-melody that the former has. Fingers crossed…