Microsoft One Drive Keeps Getting Worse

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
jpgr0420

Microsoft One Drive Keeps Getting Worse

Post by jpgr0420 »

I don't want to get into a whole diatribe here, but I can't download any of the MCCD folders that Phil Lip was so kind to put up. The only download option available is for single files. I can't do folders. Is it just me ?

Years ago, I thought Microsoft One was going to be a viable option for sharing. It failed with me miserably, otherwise I would have gladly paid a monthly fee for it. It's embedded on my PC now as a virtual hard drive, but I refuse to pay for more space because it's just so bad.

Anyway, the link is below. I'd be curious if anyone can download folders anymore. Thanks.

onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AMPHCl7WO5mh1us&id=89BB398C5E05B5CB%219574&cid=89BB398C5E05B5CB
cliftdean74

Re: Microsoft One Drive Keeps Getting Worse

Post by cliftdean74 »

jpgr0420 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:39 pm Anyway, the link is below. I'd be curious if anyone can download folders anymore. Thanks.
Microsoft in general is getting worse. One Drive is useless. I can’t download anything directly from it even when I’m signed into my accounts. Jdownloader is the only way I can get stuff from One Drive.
MUR

Post by MUR »

I should say I can download from it in the browser (chrome) (when onedrive it is available, it is frequent when it is not due to download limits I think). I mark one folder, then press 'download' above and it downloads with quite good speed (2-4 Mb/sec). If I mark several folders at once - then it is less reliable, some of them may fail (or download not fully).
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
jpgr0420

Post by jpgr0420 »

I only get a download option at the file level. There is no download at the folder level. And I'm signed into my account.
I haven't been using jdownloader though. New computer. Haven't put it on yet. Last time I had it, it was blocking all of FileFactory complaining about malicious files on there, so I stopped using it.
jpgr0420

Post by jpgr0420 »

And I'm on Chrome. No download option unless at file level only.
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

If I use Chrome, I DO NOT get a download option at the folder level.

If I use Firefox I DO HAVE the download and Copy option at the folder level.

seems to be something with Chrome displaying the download option.
jpgr0420

Post by jpgr0420 »

Now Firefox has the download options at the top of the page on the folders. How about that. I guess don't use Chrome ? Your mileage may vary. Who the f*ck knows ?
jpgr0420

Post by jpgr0420 »

I'm not even signed in to Onedrive on Firefox, but I get the Download options. I'm signed in on Chrome and no options. I try the APP, and no options.
jpgr0420

Post by jpgr0420 »

Working like a charm on Firefox.
jpgr0420

Post by jpgr0420 »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:16 pm If I use Chrome, I DO NOT get a download option at the folder level.

If I use Firefox I DO HAVE the download and Copy option at the folder level.

seems to be something with Chrome displaying the download option.
Thanks Mrbeatleg. I just noticed your message. I didn't see it earlier when I figured out the same thing. Try a different browser. I appreciate you taking the time and having the right answer.