John Lennon: Murder Without A Trial (Apple TV+) Trailer

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Loplop

John Lennon: Murder Without A Trial (Apple TV+) Trailer

Post by Loplop »

fabwill

Re: John Lennon: Murder Without A Trial (Apple TV+) Trailer

Post by fabwill »

Hmm. This seems to be giving John's killer exactly what he wanted - attention. The fact that there are no reviews available says something.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

I have absolutely no interest in watching this, and I'd imagine a lot of other Lennon fans would feel the exact same way.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

Yeah, no, if this is anything other than watching MDC sh-t, p-ss, and rot himself away in jail, I'm not interested. He only ever wanted attention from his deed, and the parole board constantly turning him down for early release is a sign that he still doesn't feel any remorse. The only lesson to be learned from these documentaries is that self-entitled bullies win, no matter what. Maybe I'll watch it when he's dead. I hope they show us his corpse when he dies, just like they did with John.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Well done Apple TV!

You've now pissed off every Beatles fan in the world. High five. This will be great for your brand. :roll:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

I remember that day so clearly...early morning December 9th here in the UK. It looks as though they've interviewed witnesses I've never seen interviewed before so I will watch it. Perhaps it will remind a new generation of the absolute waste and tragedy of it all and the impact it had on the World when it happened.
Tolvo

Post by Tolvo »

The Telegraph calls it "impressive", but I can't read the whole article. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2023/12/ ... tv-review/

I'm fine with this, and am looking forward to watching. It's only natural that the topic interests people. Lennon's murder was a defining event in history. I say the fact that people still want to talk about this speaks to John and the Beatles' lasting influence, not necessarily the murderer's. The Kennedy assassination has been been picked apart for decades and the priority was clearly never on making Lee Harvey Oswald famous. (The conspiracy theories fascinated teenage me. Oliver Stone's "JFK" was great.)

Now a movie would be a different story; that might be distasteful. (I'm aware there's some, but I haven't seen them.) But I'm not aware of any full-length documentary dealing with the Lennon murder. Provided this is done in a serious fashion it could have some merit. Sure, it's not an uplifting topic, but it's history. Hopefully it's based on solid research and it's not just random talking heads "reminiscing" and stuff. Anybody can make that.
Last edited by Tolvo on Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beatles4Ever

Post by Beatles4Ever »

I'll pass. Bad memories.
I have no intention on giving that monster 5 seconds of my time.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

I watched this 3-part series last night. Parts 1 and 2 were interesting because they interviewed some eye witnesses that had never spoken publicly before. Some names I’d not heard of. Plus archival news footage that was also new to me. Part 3 however was complete garbage. Kudos to the prosecutor who would only refer to him as “the defendant.”

In conclusion, if you have an interest in this series episodes 1 and 2 are worth your time. Don’t waste your time on episode 3.
Last edited by cliftdean74 on Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.