Do we see a needledrop here?

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
Track06

Re: Do we see a needledrop here?

Post by Track06 »

What would be a close-up?
Track06

Post by Track06 »

I think it's a good moment to reveal the spectrograms depict files that came as 'The Beatles Greatest [Ver. 1] [DESS] (Dutch LP)' with this picture of a CD.
omhs-3001-disc.jpg
omhs-3001-disc.jpg (301.94 KiB) Viewed 732 times
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

It may be more worthwhile to start off your thread by explaining you have a DESS rip, there’s some discussion in another topic about its veracity and you wonder how you can verify it to be a needledrop and a genuine one of said album. That way you save others the hassle of first pointing out the provided examples aren’t useful for determining this.

Same way if you’re wondering if your classic painting is genuine, you don’t take a picture of it hanging on the wall and then ask ‘do you think this is a real one or a forgery’, you explain the source, type, artist etc and then ask what the experts need to see to help them verify it.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

IMO the only way is to zoom to the max in some editing software and to check the waveform for any dissimilarities in the channels. It's not hard to notice the tell-tale peaks of the smallest clicks.
Track06

Post by Track06 »

This reply was gonna be much longer at some stage, but I realized it all boils down to 'I was trying to get unbiased opinions.' That ship has sailed since, I suppose.