Living The Beatles Legend

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
billybudapest

Living The Beatles Legend

Post by billybudapest »

https://www.salon.com/2023/11/09/living ... mal-evans/

Interesting tale of how Mal's recollections came to life. Cant wait for my copy!
beckman99

Re: Living The Beatles Legend

Post by beckman99 »

he, the author, is imo talking too much round the bush. it takes an eternity till he comes to the point. what I read so far in this article, the original script has never been officially released. that is a pity, as it would have been released under different circumstances only a couple of years after the break up. would have been an interesting read as in those days things had been more described in a rational way instead of making all things glorious like in nowadays.
billybudapest

Post by billybudapest »

Heard. Ill wait till I read the book to make a judgment call tho.
niallquinn

Post by niallquinn »

It's out today, this is only part 1 of the book, part 2 is out next year with the diaries and photos in it.

Should be quite a good read, Mal tells it one way, and the Beatles tell it another. Such as jamming with Elvis, Ringo and George said they didn't. Paul said he didn't, but John did. Mal says they all did for over an hour.

I feel sorry for the bloke, obviously what happened on the day of his death, but the fact that he did everything for them, he was like a mother, father, and mate all in one, and despite all their money, was only paid 40 quid a week.