Red & Blue Albums

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
silvercup67

Re: Red & Blue Albums

Post by silvercup67 »

If someone really wants to make a boot worth drooling over, create an exclusive Atmos disc.
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
Fred68

Post by Fred68 »

fvallejt wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:06 am Who has had the great idea of including I want you (she's so heavy)?
If I had to guess, I'd say his name rhymes with lawn lemon.
Gringo557

Post by Gringo557 »

fvallejt wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:06 am Thanks Maccawings for pictures. You look happy as a sandboy with a new gift !!

One thing.

Who has had the great idea of including I want you (she's so heavy) It is a very long track (too much long), instead of including more White album gems like Martha my dear, I will,Julia or mother nature's son on it?

The new blue album has very few tracks from the white album, given the fact that is a masterpiece (with the exception of some few tracks) in the Beatles discography. One of the very best and with tracks enough for picking from.

Everyone has his / her own tastes, of course, and have to be respected, but I'm sure that I want you is not among the choices of the vast majority of Beatles fans as a top notch track! This is my case.
I Want You is a top 5 Beatle song for me so I have no complaint there ;)
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

The best thing, is that they finally corrected the almost complete omission of Revolver tracks this time around.
That and the fact that the original 1962-66 2 disc set could have fit on one CD...
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Engonoceras wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:53 pm Just when I thought I was done with remixing they pull me back in.....
Don't do it!
Don't do it!
Yesterday...Drive My Car???
Too risky!
KC

Tee Hee Hee
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

BeatleDan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:43 pm i always felt like red and blue were greatest hits packages but on closer inspection they do seem to be singles plus other notables. Now they have added some deeper cuts - which is nice - but at the same time i like that there are still plenty of deep cuts, classics and masterpieces NOT included. This gives new listeners a greater journey of discovery beyond those 2 albums. I'd hate people to think the only beatles albums they really need are Red and blue.
Function more than form!
There will be a change of the guard...
Your quote is primary!
Thank you...
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

It's good that they included more songs, but the way they've shortchanged the early albums shows that their belief is that younger audiences will not like the early stuff as much.

I think the early stuff sounded dated in the 70s and 80s but nowadays ALL of it is dated so it doesn't matter. Modern music sounds nothing like anything on R&B so there are no negative comparisons. In the 70s, people laughed at the early stuff because they were comparing it to hard rock, and in the 80s comparing it to new wave and synth pop. But now now Rock Is Dead so all bets are off. The early Beatles sound as alien as the late Beatles. There is no difference.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:11 pm It's good that they included more songs, but the way they've shortchanged the early albums shows that their belief is that younger audiences will not like the early stuff as much.

I think the early stuff sounded dated in the 70s and 80s but nowadays ALL of it is dated so it doesn't matter. Modern music sounds nothing like anything on R&B so there are no negative comparisons. In the 70s, people laughed at the early stuff because they were comparing it to hard rock, and in the 80s comparing it to new wave and synth pop. But now now Rock Is Dead so all bets are off. The early Beatles sound as alien as the late Beatles. There is no difference.
Rock isn't dead at the cash register.
etk01

Post by etk01 »

chescowx wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:43 pm Not sure if anyone has this answer. Will the White Album tracks included on Red and Blue include for the first time the Atmos surround sound mixes? To date the White Album is the only album that we only have 5.1 SS and no surround even 5.1 on the streaming side. Also, wonder when and if Giles Martin will give the entire White Album the Dolby Atmos treatment??
Thanks!
I did a quick check and yeah, The White Album didn't get an Atmos release. Sgt Pepper got one, Abbey Road has as well, even 1 compilation got a Atmos treatment but not this? It's odd but who knows if Giles will present the entirety of this getting the treatment.
DrRobert

Post by DrRobert »

Guy at work just came in with both. Despatched early. Might get a quick listen.