Red & Blue Albums

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
RubberSolof

Re: Red & Blue Albums

Post by RubberSolof »

What are the sources for the DAP Red and Blue posted elsewhere and how do they compare with the new red and blue?
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

RubberSolof wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:45 am What are the sources for the DAP Red and Blue posted elsewhere and how do they compare with the new red and blue?
You mean viewtopic.php?t=7672 ? As it says on the tin, it contains the Capitol (so US) version of the original vinyl. As to how it compares, well they are two different beasts obviously. The original vinyl dub is an inferior copy-of-a-copy-of-a-copy, but it does contain US-specific mixes like RS3 of Strawberry Fields and the James Bond intro on Help!. The new release offers modern day remixes of all songs, either new or lifted from the recent SDE's and 1+. Sadly they didn't opt for the '12 MMT film remixes for reasons unknown (as usual).
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Thanks Mr. Lime!
Tex

Post by Tex »

Just when I thought I was done with remixing they pull me back in.....
skynet

Post by skynet »

Just listened to the Digital remix of "Love Me Do" from Apple, i liked it really, for some reason it does not sound to me as echo laden as the youtube version, i wonder if there was a different mix provided for YT, but is actually better than the original mono for this ears :)
Last edited by skynet on Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:26 am
billylentz wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:53 am "She loves you" sounds a bit strange to me... I think I was expecting a different separation.

Is there a reason why many attempts at a stereo mix of "She loves you" put practically all of the drums on one channel and guitars on the other? Would´t a spread drums over the stereo picture be a more canonical approach?
You could but it would sound very 70s. That kind of approach gives you the sound field from the perspective of the drummer ie: drums to your left, right and centre where from the audience point of view drums and pianos essentially are heard in mono. When I hear those panned drum mixes I feel like I am crouching on the floor in front of the drummer. :lol:
DarkHumour wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:29 pm Something kinda funny I just realized...there's been so much effort by the official Beatles distributors to bring this band to a new generation of fresh ears, but guess where I, as an oddball "zoomer", really fell in love with the "fab four"?

RIGHT HERE! :lol:
That's great! I accidentally fell in love with The Beatles too, through repeats of the cartoon series in the 70s. My gratitude to Al Brodax is undying.

I am old enough to have watched those cartoons on the original broadcasts on ABC. I couldn't believe it when I finally found all of those episodes.
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

Thanks Maccawings for pictures. You look happy as a sandboy with a new gift !!

One thing.

Who has had the great idea of including I want you (she's so heavy) It is a very long track (too much long), instead of including more White album gems like Martha my dear, I will,Julia or mother nature's son on it?

The new blue album has very few tracks from the white album, given the fact that is a masterpiece (with the exception of some few tracks) in the Beatles discography. One of the very best and with tracks enough for picking from.

Everyone has his / her own tastes, of course, and have to be respected, but I'm sure that I want you is not among the choices of the vast majority of Beatles fans as a top notch track! This is my case.
BeatleDan

Post by BeatleDan »

i always felt like red and blue were greatest hits packages but on closer inspection they do seem to be singles plus other notables. Now they have added some deeper cuts - which is nice - but at the same time i like that there are still plenty of deep cuts, classics and masterpieces NOT included. This gives new listeners a greater journey of discovery beyond those 2 albums. I'd hate people to think the only beatles albums they really need are Red and blue.
silvercup67

Post by silvercup67 »

BeatleDan wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:43 pm i always felt like red and blue were greatest hits packages but on closer inspection they do seem to be singles plus other notables. Now they have added some deeper cuts - which is nice - but at the same time i like that there are still plenty of deep cuts, classics and masterpieces NOT included. This gives new listeners a greater journey of discovery beyond those 2 albums. I'd hate people to think the only beatles albums they really need are Red and blue.
Even odder, is that 3 US top 10 songs are still missing from this set.
Best Beatle day of my life.. September 1st, 2019.
chescowx

Post by chescowx »

Not sure if anyone has this answer. Will the White Album tracks included on Red and Blue include for the first time the Atmos surround sound mixes? To date the White Album is the only album that we only have 5.1 SS and no surround even 5.1 on the streaming side. Also, wonder when and if Giles Martin will give the entire White Album the Dolby Atmos treatment??
Thanks!