We Transfer Has Changed

Get help or discuss anything relating to audio/video software & hardware
Ziggy C

We Transfer Has Changed

Post by Ziggy C »

It seems that the whole We Transfer thing has changed over the last couple days. They had some downtime. And when they came back up things seem to have changed. First, the folders that d/l have much longer names involving odd strings of characters; much longer than before.

If you're still downloading with a browser, than the link will lead to the file and you can d/l through your browser (not recommended.)

But if you're using JDownloader as I tend to do, simply copying a link that has something like:
hXXps://go.wetransfer.com/(and a t-dash followed by a ten-digit string)
This DOESN"T work.

Not only do I need to change the "XX" to a "tt".
I also need to change the "go.wetransfer.com" to a "we.tl" in order for JDownloader to recognize the link and automatically do its thing.

I hope this helps.
zaval80

Re: We Transfer Has Changed

Post by zaval80 »

Ziggy C wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:29 pm If you're still downloading with a browser, than the link will lead to the file and you can d/l through your browser (not recommended.)
Why not recommended? i have to d/l not just with a browser, but with a proxy/VPN. The files come through intact.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Perhaps "not recommended" comes off as preachy. Sorry about that. In my experience, I've spent many long hours downloading through browsers. Whether using a VPN (now THIS is recommended) or not, there were times when the download would simply stop, connection lost or interrupted, or what have you. Many times, there was no option to resume the download; rather I had to start from the beginning. With some files approaching 1Gig or more, this, at least for me, was quite the nuisance.

So I use third-party download managers, such as JD. That allows me to queue up, press the start button, and walk away. Nearly all cases, if there is an interruption, the download manager resumes where it left off. No muss no fuss.

The only instances where an interruption results in the file starting over again, are those which require captchas.
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Yes JD is the best option for WT, Mega, GD, but I think only for these. Downloading anything in the freeleech mode from TurboBit, RapidGator, FileFactory, KatFile, Hotfile, etc etc, is possible only through a browser. And yes, the results are highly unpredictable, as you've described - would file d/l intact or not? Would I have to start again from scratch? Sometimes it's quite demanding. But in my experience, if there was no message about "connection was broken", file comes through intact, and this gives me hope for the better future :lol: