Now And Then (merged threads)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Petsounds1966x

Re: Now And Then (merged threads)

Post by Petsounds1966x »

cliftdean74 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:36 am
Petsounds1966x wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:31 am
Fun 4 None wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:33 pm There's multiple fake clips (one of which is George on the balcony)
That clip is actually real, just “restored” so poorly that it looks like AI. I thought it was fake too at first!

Other than that and the animated photos at the end, I loved it. Made me smile and hit me right in the heart. Thank you Beatles!
I loved the end of the video with succession of younger and younger photos. Wish we got a bit more from that 14 hours of 90s recording sessions.
If the photos had been still, or the tech was farther along that the animation looked better, I’d have no issue with it. The concept was great, just not quite there technically for me. But I’ve read some folks say they were moved by that bit, so what do I know?

Agreed 100% on the 90s session video. So cool to find that much of the footage in the “Real Love” video is actually them recording “Now and Then!” Fingers crossed Jackson gets given a green light to refurbish Anthology and that footage is part of the bonus features…
Fun 4 None

Post by Fun 4 None »

Petsounds1966x wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:31 am
Fun 4 None wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:33 pm There's multiple fake clips (one of which is George on the balcony)
That clip is actually real, just “restored” so poorly that it looks like AI. I thought it was fake too at first!

Other than that and the animated photos at the end, I loved it. Made me smile and hit me right in the heart. Thank you Beatles!
Not true.
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

I forgot to post this earlier
An interview with the man who has cut all the new red and blue lps and who was responsible for the b side. Having last year needing to edit 2 original singles fir the lowest noise so they could DES love me do as theres no original taoe and they didn’t think what theyd done earlier was good enough for the project
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

AdamBound wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:03 pm Using the Now and Then promotion and the original Real Love videos, I have compiled all the available Threetles footage from January/February 1995. I hope you enjoy!
Great stuff! I love the footage where George is trying to play NW (TBHF) on an acoustic. :lol:
etk01

Post by etk01 »

I've compared Now & Then with its Dolby Atmos remix counterpart today through my iPod and wow, the Dolby one is better. It's not as brickwalled as what Bombers_1969 has mentioned on the other one, the guitar solo is heard more clearer and the backing/harmony vocals have been pushed back a bit (the faded outro chatter as well to the point that it's almost absent). I know DA mixes are known to be different but this is honestly better.
beckman99

Post by beckman99 »

robbmacc wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:44 pm
quigatolah wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:42 pm
robbmacc wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:11 pm
My only beef is that 'Now and Then' definitely shouldn't be added to 1966-1970. In my now-digital collection, it will be an EP with 'Free As A Bird,' 'Real Love,' 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' (LOVE version, which I consider a new-at-the-time Beatles song as The Powers That Be allowed George Martin to add a new score to the demo), and 'Now and Then.'
Sorry, but who cares?

My tank is topped off and running down the sides with people complaining about the new release.
It seems that so many would be happier if the catalog was sealed in 1969 and "that's that"
If you don't like it, don't listen and don't buy. Go find a hobby you enjoy instead of coming
and pissing all over the place. I think there may yet be a few folks here who just want to be happy listening to the Beatles.
Wow. Don't think that was called for. I said NOTHING bad about the song, but had one small opinion about it not belonging on the blue album, and mentioned how I've filed the four post-Fab years' songs.

In addition, I waxed philosophic concerning the recent release by the Stones, and the last Who album, and indicated I was looking forward to the Fabs' video, which I predicted would be as good as FAAB.

Please chill out.
u don´t owe him an explanation. this is a forum where u can express your opinion and if u see something in a different way, its your right. his posting is aggressiv and intolerante.
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

robbmacc wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:44 pm Wow. Don't think that was called for. I said NOTHING bad about the song, but had one small opinion about it not belonging on the blue album, and mentioned how I've filed the four post-Fab years' songs.

In addition, I waxed philosophic concerning the recent release by the Stones, and the last Who album, and indicated I was looking forward to the Fabs' video, which I predicted would be as good as FAAB.

Please chill out.
I fully agree with your viewpoints. People who can’t handle criticism and get “their tanks topped off” because of it should find a different way to release tension than to direct it towards other people. Complaints should deserve the same amount of respect as praise, and if that hampers your ability to be happy listening to Beatles music that means you have a serious fragility issue to deal with, not the one complaining.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

etk01 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:09 am I've compared Now & Then with its Dolby Atmos remix counterpart today through my iPod and wow, the Dolby one is better. It's not as brickwalled as what Bombers_1969 has mentioned on the other one, the guitar solo is heard more clearer and the backing/harmony vocals have been pushed back a bit (the faded outro chatter as well to the point that it's almost absent). I know DA mixes are known to be different but this is honestly better.
Having just hearing the Dolby Atmos mix thanks to a friend I would have to agree. It’s a better mix than the standard for all the reasons you mentioned.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Everything leads back to The Beatles! Nothing and no one is immune...
Contradiction, contrary opinion, agreement, amusement, a daydream...
I wonder if The Beatles are trying to make me sad. They've never done that before! You know...the blessed hype of it all.
There is no Immortality. They have never spoken of it! They must have said Reality! And all I could hear was the roar of no one listening!
All that rises must converge----->Now And Then------>Here And Gone----->Down And Up------>Wasn't And Was------>Music And Paint
(Now, we only need to find John!)
Have a nice weelkend!
KC
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

re-opening an old theme....
"I want you to be there for me"......"HE WHO FAKES ME"
Iamaphoney will be all over this!