Let It Be 2021 mix

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
sam004

Let It Be 2021 mix

Post by sam004 »

Just wondering if anyone had ever reviewed and compared the new Giles Martin mix with the original mix.
Or perhaps an interview with Giles , where he may have discussed changes that were made.
The differences seem quite subtle to me.

For example - The mix on Two Of Us the guitars were centered or the drums were louder.
I haven't noticed anything that really stands out differently.
Tex

Re: Let It Be 2021 mix

Post by Tex »

I think I've listened only a few times so far. Thankfully it's a very conservative remix. The original mix was very good to start with the exception of "Across the Universe" and "The Long and Winding Road".
beckman99

Re: Let It Be 2021 mix

Post by beckman99 »

Engonoceras wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:26 pm I think I've listened only a few times so far. Thankfully it's a very conservative remix. The original mix was very good to start with the exception of "Across the Universe" and "The Long and Winding Road".
the "the long and winding road" that paul on concerts also plays with strings? :)

imo spector did a great job in mixing, choosing the right versions and giving it a live flow. this talk bout he ruined the album is rubbish. in the 80ies when I started collecting bootlegs, the glyn johns version was somewhat the holy grail for a get back album, but to be honest, its not good in comparison to spectors version. the beatles rejected one version after another, so no more evidence needed who did the better job regardless pauls complaining bout tlawr. spectors mixdown was so good, stereo was already the standard, that there was no obvious reason for giles to change it very much.