Now And Then (merged threads)

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Golem

Re: Now And Then - Penn Jillette Has Heard It

Post by Golem »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:54 am There is a Disney Pixar 'The Beatles' cgi movie in the works for next year. Now and Then was requested to be postponed so a cgi video could be made to promote the film. the complaints of a 'too soon after 2019 reissue of the red and blue sets since too many stores still have them on the shelves means the best of remixes are going to be in the new film's sounddtrack and a possible 3 or 4 disc soundtrack set. If someone knows how to post a pic on here wants to send an email to gartanius@yahoo.com. I have the promotional photo from the stockholder's meeting. There is no 2024 release date given or if it will go right to Disney+ but it was said Spring. And no, it isn't the scrapped Yellow Submarine. They look closer to the 60's cartoons.
nuh uh
ExDalek

Post by ExDalek »

So Pixar have decided to stop work on Elio? To do a Beatles film? That should be a sure fire hit with the kids.
“I remember it like it was yesterday. Of course, I don’t really remember yesterday all that well.”
moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

I'm telling you, stopping a film that's halfway through production (That looks utter rubbish), for a animated film for a band kids have barely heard of outside of a few sentences in a history book and one or two songs in a kids film is quite laughable. However if you upload the photo announcing this film than most of us will believe it.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:36 am There's no doubt that Macca and Penn Jillette threw a big spaniard in the works, mostly Penn who talked a lot of bollocks. So now you've got all the fans expecting, for instance, a stereo She Loves You, MAL mixes of Real Love and Free As A Bird and other stuff which is not on the table.
How long will it be until someone verbalizes the obvious:
What's worse than Nepotism?
Absolutely NOTHING!
What magic? This is mooooooooooooving at the desired pace!
We're being led to the big pasture...SELTAEB 'AI'!
Which will segue into this much needed humor!

3 bulls on a hill looking down on the cows!
Big bull, Medium bull, Baby bull!
Big Bull: "I hear the farmer's getting a new bull! Bullshit! He ain't getting none of my cows!"
Medium bull: "I heard the rumor...if it's true he ain't getting any of my cows either!"
A truck approaches with a large crate on the flatbed. The truck backs up to the gate of the pasture.
A passenger gets out and pulls the pin out of the hasp on the crate!
Out stumbles the most Angry, slobbery, snorting hunk of testosterone ever put on hooves!
Big bull: "You know, I have 50 cows! I could let him have 24 of them!"
Medium bull: "Concur, I have 25 cows, he can have 12 of them..."
Baby bull: (Snort, Stomp! Spit! Grunt, Groan...all EXTREMELY animated mannerisms)!
Medium bull: (To Baby bull) "What's you're problem? You don't have ANY cows!"
Baby bull: "I just want him to know I'm a BULL!"

Lord Reith...Always trust your Beatles instinct! If you were Giles, you'd hate it even worse!
Even with the new atmos state of the art facility at 3 Abbey Road!
4MB pdf report by City Of Westminster re: atmos facility------> hxxps://we.tl/t-NLTdJo9Nht
(includes photos, archetectural drawings)
Thanks, dad!
KC
mikec

Post by mikec »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:44 am Well, I'd like to see that. And it's no crazier than some of the stuff they're expecting on SHF... a single release of N&T with "Love Me Do" on the B side??? :roll:
Taking notes
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

alphabeatles wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:33 am I was at a tech seminar recently, listening to the AI track speakers. One of them mentioned the new Beatles track and how John was AI'd or something similar... So of course there is that misconception out there. I was going to clarify "extracted" vs. "generated" but didn't bother...
Why bother? is right!
If I can't determine the Life source of a voice,
I won't have any desire to communicate with it.
Sadly, my sentiments have no hope of anticipating such eventuality...
so, most of us will be remanded to the non-compliant portion of the population
and the worst category be for the select few with contrary imaginations.
We will be accused of disobedience!
Where salt water meets fresh water is called an Estuary. The water is brackish! This is about to become ALL Estuary.
Is anyone here opposed to LEVIS being licensed to SELTAEB?
In-N-OUT Beatles Burgers?
VividBeatle(XXX) - Chez Pepperoni's Hot Oven Mozzarella Band Vol. 1-75!

Klang: Kaili! Black Mother. Killer Of Demons...gorge on this anticipation
ALL: Kaili!
HELP!
We need protection!
Thank you, alphabeatles!
KC
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

What i would really like to see is the movie that Eight Days A Week usurped: the story of Beatlemania told through the home movie footage of fans who were there. With overdubbed interviews from the time.

In fact, the whole appeal of anything like that is taking the viewer back to the time. People consistently get this the wrong way around, in that they try to bring the past forward and look at it from today's perspective. The obvious drawback there is that the documentary becomes instantly dated, because current opinion and fashion moves on so quickly. Today's slightly famous talking heads are tomorrow's "Who the hell is this guy??" But it also makes a nonsense of the subject in question. Literally. It makes no sense anymore.

I think the reason Peter Jackson's miniseries was such a hit was because it was a complete time capsule. It absolutely took you out of your time and placed you back in January 1969, there in the studio with The Beatles. That's why people loved it so and why it will never date. And I hope other directors have learnt something from that.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

_
Last edited by WOA76 on Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
mikec

Post by mikec »

WOA76 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:55 pm Posted on Daily Beatles today October 17th, 2023

Now and Then postponed by Disney?
viewtopic.php?t=7625
not true
Last edited by mikec on Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

mikec wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:41 pm
WOA76 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:55 pm Posted on Daily Beatles today October 17th, 2023

Now and Then postponed by Disney?
viewtopic.php?t=7625
not true
i edit it to Red and Blue Christmas as i can not delete it sorry
Chris