Derek Taylor tapes

Share the latest updates from the Fabs/Friends. Links to interviews and articles go here.
onemojofilter

Re: Derek Taylor tapes

Post by onemojofilter »

20YearsAgo wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:29 am
onemojofilter wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:48 pm Looks like tape number 5 (Yoko Primal session) has been retracted from the auction.
Not surprised. This would've violated patient/doctor confidentiality rules.
Am a bit relieved too. Hyper personal stuff doesn't belong on a friggin bootleg.
My opinions are my own, but, my dog tends to agree with everything I say.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

20YearsAgo wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:29 am
onemojofilter wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:48 pm Looks like tape number 5 (Yoko Primal session) has been retracted from the auction.
Not surprised. This would've violated patient/doctor confidentiality rules.
How did the...WHAT???
A recording of Yoko's Primal Scream Therapy from an actual session at Janov's clinic was on the block? Who among us is without flaw? I only realized just now, that this is more anecdotal fantasy(icing) than actual confection. Did the Yoko Ono POB album begin with a tune called Mother's Tits? How about My Father Is The President Of The Bank Of Tokyo? Pretty mundane twist to an already quaint plot about the clever Ted AND an aunt's Alright John, but your mum will never approve of it! So, do doctors of Psychology really perform adolescent insecurity abatement on married couples? Why not? The entrepreneurial benefit is economic but will it save the patient's sanity? And is Sanity something you can seek? The term is a legal one...NOT medical. Whose imbalance is it ANYWAY? If a lady wants to spurn her unhappy origins, then why is the hubby in tow?
Calling Jan Wenner! Calling Arthur Janov...Comedy Store on Sunset, and HURRYcaine! We need a concept by which we can measure our single-parent-pain! Does it have to take long...do I have to be so strong? But I don't know which way I'm facing? How can I go forward? Imagine that! Can I regress all the way back to Oedipus...Electra? Wally...Beaver...Eddie? So, There must be something to it. John still had a vengeance in 1975 when he told Mimi that Yoko was expecting a boy and he would be named Sean(Irish spelling of John).
"John! NO!!!" (and no MBE on the TV set!)
So, medical protocol is cast to the wind and Janov must have kept his patient's tape-reels in the console of his car anfd the kid at the car wash thought they were trash. Hey, let's send Anthony(Cox) a child support check! Or, an imaginary check!
"Okay, your hour is up! I'm really dead chuffed(w/ L.A. accent) with the progress you've made".
The Lennons ALWAYS pay twice to get half! It's symbiotic...AND Primal!
You know I'm suicidal, right?
I'm more popular than...Marriage!
See you next week!
Games for May??? (next year)
KC
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

Slightly off-topic, but hopefully not too much so, In Derek Taylor's book, As Time Goes By (chapter nine if anyone wants to look), he mentions being in the car heading north to record the Black Dyke Mills Band (so 30 June 1968):

"Paul seemed very positive and played us some rare recordings; 'dubs' he made of songs, written by him for others, dubs on which he was singing for the first and last time. Maybe one day they will make an album of them..."

Intriguing. Wonder what songs were on there? Songs written by Paul for others - Cilla, Kramer etc, would be my guess. And what ever happened to those tapes?