Ringo´s to relase new "Rewind forward" EP

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
Much2Much

Re: Ringo´s to relase new "Rewind forward" EP

Post by Much2Much »

CultTVman wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:08 pm I've been enjoying Ringo's releases. I welcome them.
I’ve also enjoyed every one of these EPs, so joyous and positive.

Unfortunately the marketing formula doesn’t seem the best. I assume the pressing and printing costs form a significant part of the cost to the consumer. But we are being asked to pay album prices for very few tracks. With the first EP I happily accepted the lightweight product as I treated it as a sampler for the albums to follow... but they didn’t appear.

May be Ringo just wants to let us hear what he’s been recording after each three or four tracks. That’s fine but does he know what is being charged for these offerings. I sincerely hope that we continue to enjoy more of Ringo’s new records in the future but perhaps at a more reasonable price.
jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

I never seen EP3, as I live in the Vancouver, BC area, since it came out in late 2022 :?

Never heard it, yet as I have the first 2 EP's, on CD

Just ended up requesting a lossless version on another site ;)

Hopefully a better chance on the 4th EP
RaelBass

Post by RaelBass »

A mix of "Weight of the world" and "Never without you". Useless and forgettable.
ksantus

Post by ksantus »

We can't be so picky, it's a Beatle release (sort of) and that's ALWAYS cool.
I can't say I've been in love with the content either, but I welcome it all the same.
Ringo may or may not have adopted the EP format for money or for some other reason but hey, How many editions of McCartney III did we get?
Have you ever bought a T-shirt at a McCartney show in recent years? 40-50 bucks for a cheap as hell thinly designed shirt. Now if you wanna feel ripped off, well...there ya go. It's not like he needs the cash either!

But I've said too much, I buy it all, just like most of us on this forum.

God bless Paul & Ringo, may they live forever (well, at least till we're gone)! LOL

Kevin
jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

jpgrcat007 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:31 pm I never seen EP3, as I live in the Vancouver, BC area, since it came out in late 2022 :?

Never heard it, yet as I have the first 2 EP's, on CD

Just ended up requesting a lossless version on another site ;)

Hopefully a better chance on the 4th EP
Got the 3rd EP :mrgreen:
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

Hey, guys... The price thing is horrible... In Brazil, we pay 60% of import taxes, plus 60% over these in some states, including mine... Shipping included. This means a $15 CD can easily cost twice as it should... Imagine Paul´s 72 box... It´s hard, I can tell you.

But even worse than that is the fact that products shall go through the customers inspections before we get them, which can take anytime from two months to two years or even forever...

So these days I only go for the very essential, which means the core releases on CD only.

It´s a very annoying, boring and abusive process, so, yes, it would mean very much to me if Paul and Ringo gave a thought about things like that when putting new releases out.

But a Ringo CD, even with few tracks, will always be new beatle music, so not getting it is out of question.

Thankfully, the music itself has always been a very high level.
CultTVman

Post by CultTVman »

I guess 15 bucks here or 20 bucks there doesn't bother me. You spend that at McDonalds these days for two people. A tank of gas costs you 40 or 50 bucks. A movie ticket costs you $15 or $20 unless you go to the Tuesday afternoon shows. You can buy the files for a 1.29 each if you gotta save some money. You can download a lot of this stuff for nothing from YouTube.

If you want to count your pennies, you may not enjoy much of anything.

Complaining here isn't going to do much good. And it certainly is not going to take away from others enjoying the music.

Steve
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

CultTVman wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:56 pm
Complaining here isn't going to do much good. And it certainly is not going to take away from others enjoying the music.

Steve
Absolutely right. We can take it leave it. Most of us will find some way to enable us to enjoy any new Beatles music.