Jimmy Buffett r.i.p.

General music and other artist discussions.
robbmacc

Jimmy Buffett r.i.p.

Post by robbmacc »

Jimmy Buffett r.i.p.
Grackleflint

Re: Jimmy Buffett r.i.p.

Post by Grackleflint »

I am very sorry to hear this news
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

Jimmy Buffet RIP.
Mike
CostaRica2022

Post by CostaRica2022 »

I'm still not digesting this very well. James and I had a special connection years ago when I worked at ABC Records. I was responsible for arranging a special press party when Margaritaville went to #1. We (ABC) hired 2 pirate ships and set sail out of San Pedro for a great night party. Later on when I left ABC I bought a bar in St. Thomas and Buffett played 2 'free' shows that brought out everyone on the island with NO advertising. Just 'word of mouth'. He was so cool. Later still, when his wife Jane was pregnant with their first she didn't want to stay at a hotel and wanted someplace quiet and ended up staying at my place for a few days. I remember a snorkeling trip he and I went on in the Keys. What a day swimming with these huge Mantas. My heart was beating so fast and 'he' was getting quite a kick of my fear. He was such a giving person and I will never forget him and the experiences. BTW, did you know that Timothy B Schmit of 'Eagles' fame was in the Coral Reefer Band before joining The Eagles. He coined the phrase 'Parrothead' because of how loyal his fans were. R.I.P. Mr. B. Gone . . . but NEVER forgotten.