Tex

Re: Return To Pepperland (Dae Lims)

Post by Tex »

The drums appear to be from "Lovely Rita"
Beatlenono

Post by Beatlenono »

Very enjoyable Great work by Dae Lims, as always
Last edited by Beatlenono on Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
FilmObscurest

Post by FilmObscurest »

Fascinating!
stereohysteria

Post by stereohysteria »

For those interested, Dae Lims addressed this version of Pepperland on a YouTube livestream (mostly focused on his recent SMiLE AI mix). He confirmed that the track was created with 100% Beatles and solo samples, albeit with plenty of editing/pitch shifting. The drums are from Lovely Rita, the bass is edited from Sgt. Pepper, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite, Lovely Rita, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds and Getting Better, the tamboura is from Getting Better, the guitar is from Sgt. Pepper, and the strings and brass from Strawberry Fields Forever and I Am The Walrus.
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

I like it, but I wish the 'duck sounds' bg vocals at the end had been mixed out....
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

stereohysteria wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:36 pm For those interested, Dae Lims addressed this version of Pepperland on a YouTube livestream (mostly focused on his recent SMiLE AI mix). He confirmed that the track was created with 100% Beatles and solo samples, albeit with plenty of editing/pitch shifting. The drums are from Lovely Rita, the bass is edited from Sgt. Pepper, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite, Lovely Rita, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds and Getting Better, the tamboura is from Getting Better, the guitar is from Sgt. Pepper, and the strings and brass from Strawberry Fields Forever and I Am The Walrus.
Thank you. I also listened to his live chat and was going to make a comment about this and now I don't have to!
stereohysteria

Post by stereohysteria »

robbmacc wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:09 pm I like it, but I wish the 'duck sounds' bg vocals at the end had been mixed out....
Different strokes, I 'spose -- I happen to love the quacking verse! It illustrates how little difference there really is between Beatle whimsy (Yellow Submarine, You Know My Name) and solo Paul whimsy (We All Stand Together, Tropic Island Hum).

Having said that, it was a good call to excise the very dated lines about Nelson Mandela still being under arrest.
urasam2

Post by urasam2 »

I've listened to all of his live streams and he comes across as a really nice, humble chap, as well as amazingly talented
stereohysteria

Post by stereohysteria »

These live streams are quite informative. In fact, towards the end of a recent breakdown of a Beach Boys remix, he premiered some excerpts of in-progress de-aged versions of "Hunt You Down/Naked/C-Link" and "Fuh You" (although with the caveat that YouTube tends to automatically delete solo McCartney remixes):

https://www.youtube.com/live/Mhm-hakbS8 ... red&t=3414