George Harrison did my Electrics!......Maybe.

For topics that don't quite fit anywhere else...
peterbuck

George Harrison did my Electrics!......Maybe.

Post by peterbuck »

I live in North Wales and was informed a couple of weeks ago by a friend and fellow Beatle nut that George Harrison, when he worked for Blackers an Electrical shop in the 50's was contracted out with fellow workmates to fit the Electrics in a number of houses in the street where I live. After some digging around I've found out he also worked in a couple of towns next to where I live and one old lady who took a shine to him would feed him 'Chip Butties' (it's a British thing) for his dinner. I know this isn't earth shattering news but to think that I'm writing this post on a PC run off electrics that George Harrison may have fitted is pretty mind blowing.
Phil_Lip

Re: George Harrison did my Electrics!......Maybe.

Post by Phil_Lip »

Judging from his own admission on his capabilities, you are lucky your house is still standing!

“I had a short go at being an electrician's apprentice, but I kept blowing things up, so I got dumped.” GH - 1966
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
quigatolah

Re: George Harrison did my Electrics!......Maybe.

Post by quigatolah »

At that age, and as an apprentice, it's hard to imagine he was responsible for much of the actual wiring, but it's still cool to be able to say he was in your house.