The Beach Boys - Walk On By / Are You There and Ol' Man River [AI]

Beatlenono

Re: The Beach Boys - Walk On By / Are You There [AI]

Post by Beatlenono »

tymime wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:10 am
Beatlenono wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:53 am Those Dae Lims "songs" are the best by far IMHO ! Very impressive !
Sadly, "Surf City" is no more on Youtube. Could somebody, who has it, share it here, please ?
Here you go: archive.org/details/daelims
I think this guy must record himself singing the new vocal parts- I can't think of how else he gets such amazing results.
Oh, thank you very much !
Rupert Pupkin

Re: The Beach Boys - Walk On By / Are You There and Ol' Man River [AI]

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Garrett wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:27 pm We are really teetering on the edge of full-blown new songs from these artists. It's coming whether you like it or not. (I like it!!)
Garrett, did you get my private message I sent to you about these mixes and his "Smile" "reconstruction" ?
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

So... These videos are still up. I've been thinking about why (many of Lims earlier videos were taken down) and it's an interesting pursuit with regard to legal issues. These are covers of songs (not written by the Beach Boys) performed in the style of the Beach Boys, and it seems to me that's perfectly legal. Lim probably sings the parts himself, with a particular Beach Boy in mind, then converts to an AI model of the singer. Can something like this really be policed? I'm sure there are lawyers thinking about this stuff quite a bit right now.
Last edited by theboxinargentina on Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theboxinargentina

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:46 am Garrett, did you get my private message I sent to you about these mixes and his "Smile" "reconstruction" ?
I'm not Garrett but I would love to hear that!
theboxinargentina

Welp, these have been pulled from YouTube as of today.