A Future Word of Caution - A.I. Generated Music & Vocal Models

johnlennon

A Future Word of Caution - A.I. Generated Music & Vocal Models

Post by johnlennon »

If the influx of poorly-automated colorizations and automated stereo separators haven't plagued the internet enough – we've an incredible breakthrough in what the average computer user can do with a recording of their favorite artist. In my opinion – it'll quickly transform the music industry and the value we put on artists' talent.

It's only been a matter of time before we see the rise in A.I. generated music – utilizing vocal models of prolific artists such as The Beatles. With such an expansive fan base of the aforementioned, we're bound to encounter false-yet-damning imitations of 'unheard recordings'. I want to bring that to light in this thread.

As an example, I've included an A.I. altered recording made to replicate a circa '66 demo of 'Eleanor Rigby'. The shoddy guitar playing gives it away, but the vocals are too close to the real deal.

Have a listen. ( hxxps://we.tl/t-gK83Bj2ojw )

While this might've been easier to discern from a genuine recording – it's important not to be duped as this technology improves. However, one can't also help but marvel at how incredibly amazing the possibilities are. I've already been seeing some great things done with the Lost Lennon Tapes series floating around the internet :D
...Long Live BZ...
alphabeatles

Re: A Future Word of Caution - A.I. Generated Music & Vocal Models

Post by alphabeatles »

And you're not even John Lennon, ha!

Good points, and you're right, hang on and wait for the deluge...

That demo was quite good, please further describe the process of creation.

I'd be interested in hearing some revived LLT demos if you could refer us to them.
urasam2

Post by urasam2 »

That "demo" is great. Sounds totally believable. I don't care if it's AI generated, I love it.
simond9X

Post by simond9X »

I know what you mean. I've pretty much stopped downloading most 'fan-made' remixes for the same reason. I only get those that stick to the original recordings like LR's and EdinSC's. I stay away from mash-ups and 'what ifs'. That demo sounds awful.
ladano48

Post by ladano48 »

simond9X wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:24 am I know what you mean. I've pretty much stopped downloading most 'fan-made' remixes for the same reason. I only get those that stick to the original recordings like LR's and EdinSC's. I stay away from mash-ups and 'what ifs'. That demo sounds awful.
I am on the same line. I've been reviewing my collection for some time now and practically eliminating all the "fan made", "mash-up", etc... (notwithstanding that some of them are very good and well worked)

But the amount that arise every day is overwhelming.

:shock: And now also the AI (Whose effects are beginning to cause ethical and other problems, worldwide, as we see in the press)

My impression is that they can distort the original recordings and their variations.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

So if someone posted your mp3 and said "Here's the full demo that's just surfaced!" but didn't tell us it was AI generated - how would we know it wasn't real? :roll:

I wouldn't.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
recordroman

Post by recordroman »

Without question AI is one slippery slope when it comes to music and especially the sharing of it. Going forward, it's like accepting an open container drink at a party from someone you don't know because you can't be 100% sure what's in it.
quigatolah

Post by quigatolah »

johnlennon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:45 am the music industry and ....... artists' talent.

Too late.

"Music industry" and "artist" became mutually exclusive terms long ago.
Unless you have lots of time to search for the needle in the haystack,
you will find little art coming from the music industry.

While you will find plenty of competent performers in the music industry
they are put to work producing more of "what sells".

The movie industry is in the same state.
Tex

Post by Tex »

Yeah, this is going to be massively abused by people trying to sell fake tapes and acetates.
Mark Graves

Post by Mark Graves »

johnlennon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:45 am If the influx of poorly-automated colorizations and automated stereo separators haven't plagued the internet enough – we've an incredible breakthrough in what the average computer user can do with a recording of their favorite artist. In my opinion – it'll quickly transform the music industry and the value we put on artists' talent.

It's only been a matter of time before we see the rise in A.I. generated music – utilizing vocal models of prolific artists such as The Beatles. With such an expansive fan base of the aforementioned, we're bound to encounter false-yet-damning imitations of 'unheard recordings'. I want to bring that to light in this thread.

As an example, I've included an A.I. altered recording made to replicate a circa '66 demo of 'Eleanor Rigby'. The shoddy guitar playing gives it away, but the vocals are too close to the real deal.

Have a listen. ( hxxps://we.tl/t-gK83Bj2ojw )

While this might've been easier to discern from a genuine recording – it's important not to be duped as this technology improves. However, one can't also help but marvel at how incredibly amazing the possibilities are. I've already been seeing some great things done with the Lost Lennon Tapes series floating around the internet :D
Hello,
May I know what you used for doing that?
Thanks in advance, M.