Hey, a new sub-board!

cdrtrade

Re: Hey, a new sub-board!

Post by cdrtrade »

bsizzy_27 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:10 pm
cdrtrade wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:38 am
theboxinargentina wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:57 pm

I'm having flashbacks to decades ago when certain others were telling me, with a religious fervor, that the Beatles SHOULD NOT EVER be remixed.
I'm going to try not to get into it this time with the "yelling at clouds" people.
I think those people were right. Giles Martin remixes are TERRIBLE !! Long after I’m gone someone will come along and re-do them all right.
I quite like the remixes, actually... gives me a new appreciation for the albums.
Not me. I listened to pepper and felt like all the instruments were fighting each other for space. I don’t hear the songs as a unit. I hear the drums being prominent, then it’s the bass’s turn, etc. I read somewhere that he mixes them for 21st century formats. Maybe that’s why they don’t work for me. I don’t like a lot of new remixes now. The Who Sell Out box stands out. I’ll take the 90’s cd with bonus tracks over the new box. Giles put reverb on Let It Be. I couldn’t figure that one out. I heard something on the radio the other day, maybe it was Dear Prudence, which was another example of let’s turn the guitar up hear and have everything else put into the background. I’m like where’d the rest of the band go ? It was bad. Here Comes The Sun turned into a Ringo showcase. A lot of stuff sounds like Ringo and Paul have their hands on the knobs.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Applejam101 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:35 pm Just found this section. I’ve been thinking about this AI stuff a lot in the last week. I’ve been wondering if this tech can enhance some of the Lennon demos to bring out is voice more
Sort of. The problem is you need a pretty high quality vocal to feed into it or it comes out a bit like someone with a speech impediment. Some people have done this and it sounds okay, but still needs a lot of work.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Not really AI related...But....

When I heard the reworked Real Love which was released with Anthology 2, I was disappointed. I love the song in its various iterations. But that haunted-house-sounding piano pervades the track whenever Lennon's vocal is potted up. There's no separating the two. Or is there? With the newest tech?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Ziggy C wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:53 am Not really AI related...But....

When I heard the reworked Real Love which was released with Anthology 2, I was disappointed. I love the song in its various iterations. But that haunted-house-sounding piano pervades the track whenever Lennon's vocal is potted up. There's no separating the two. Or is there? With the newest tech?
You can separate them now yeah, with demucs. The biggest problem with his vocal though is he is singing in half voice. If he'd been singing to a band he would have projected far more, so that is the biggest reason why his vocal sounds weak and out of place. The backing track is just too BIG.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
beatlesbelmo

Post by beatlesbelmo »

I would be interested in a compilation of the best of these AI songs. Anyone else? I'm sure it won't be long before some creates Beatlegs of them. (If they haven't already.)
Ronson

Post by Ronson »

I'm collecting them now, but most are still relatively primitive. I'm sure they will improve in time.

Ultimately, I'd like to get AI Beatle renditions all of the Lennon/McCartney songs that were given away to other artists.
Refugee

Post by Refugee »

Just a question for those who have played around with various software (both online and standalone). Is there one that stands out above the others, and are there any that go beyond four tracks (vocal/bass/percussion/other). I've used the "Vocal dot AI" website and iZotope RX 10. They do a decent job of removing the vocal, but everything else is pretty "mushy", although they don't sound horrible when it's all mixed back together.