Paul sings Beautiful Boy and Working Class Hero via A.I

MrMurphMcgee

Re: Paul sings Beautiful Boy and Working Class Hero via A.I

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:08 pm Really it is just going to disrupt the whole music business. But AI is inherently a disruptor. There will be a point at which it just surges and takes over most people's jobs. I don't think that is far off. But I think in the scheme of things, some 3rd rate rapper losing his job will do no harm to the world! :lol:
AI is going to replace a lot of jobs sooner than we think. Copywriters need to quickly become editors. As a user experience architect, I fully expect it to penetrate my field and most technology positions. A lot of us needs to quickly develop niche skills to remain valuable.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MrMurphMcgee wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:43 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:08 pm Really it is just going to disrupt the whole music business. But AI is inherently a disruptor. There will be a point at which it just surges and takes over most people's jobs. I don't think that is far off. But I think in the scheme of things, some 3rd rate rapper losing his job will do no harm to the world! :lol:
AI is going to replace a lot of jobs sooner than we think. Copywriters need to quickly become editors. As a user experience architect, I fully expect it to penetrate my field and most technology positions. A lot of us needs to quickly develop niche skills to remain valuable.
It's taken longer than expected but I think we are probably close to the tipping point now. There's now AI software that can do great reams of legal work in minutes that previously took trained university graduates months. The same will apply for medicine and many other fields. The point is - be it music or otherwise - if you're not at the absolute top of your profession then you are facing an uncertainl future. Sure it's going to inspire a lot of people to up their game to try and get ahead of the AI competition, but it's also going to leave tens of millions of people the world over feeling abandoned and disaffected. People who never thought the same fate that befell those in the rust belt would come to them. I find it all terribly concerning.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

AI, like the machine or when you ask questions,
like what I seen on youtube on 'The Matthews Fam', is not good...'Alexa'

I listened to some of the recent experiments are ok...

I trust what Elon Musk says, there needs to be regulation on AI

Depending how it's used could be bad or can be good

Love to see Paul, Ringo to meet Elon Musk & smoke a bowl...lol
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:01 am It's taken longer than expected but I think we are probably close to the tipping point now. There's now AI software that can do great reams of legal work in minutes that previously took trained university graduates months. The same will apply for medicine and many other fields. The point is - be it music or otherwise - if you're not at the absolute top of your profession then you are facing an uncertainl future. Sure it's going to inspire a lot of people to up their game to try and get ahead of the AI competition, but it's also going to leave tens of millions of people the world over feeling abandoned and disaffected. People who never thought the same fate that befell those in the rust belt would come to them. I find it all terribly concerning.
The rust belt analogy hits home as I remember well the impact of the mills closing on my family. My mom, dad and uncles all worked at the mills in Indiana on Lake Michigan. It was devastating. We had a lot of alternate industry, plus Chicago next door so there were opportunities in other areas. Other parts of the rust belt weren't so lucky. When AI can code, think of the impact on India much less the US. We're on the precipice of a seismic shift not seen since the dawn of the industrial age and no one is ready for it.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show! Sorry to be a downer.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MrMurphMcgee wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:33 pmWhen AI can code, think of the impact on India much less the US. We're on the precipice of a seismic shift not seen since the dawn of the industrial age and no one is ready for it.

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show! Sorry to be a downer.
I really worry about people not realising what is going on. The universities are still churning out graduates for jobs that won't exist in 10 years time. How are all these people going to feel about having wasted the prime of their life and all that money for a worthless degree? Unfortunately when I raise this subject with people in real life they have no idea what you're talking about. They think AI is all about robots taking over the world.

Basically anything that does not require serious creative or intuitive input is going to get automated. I can remember the bloodbath that happened 20 years ago when all my IT friends suddenly lost their jobs to people in India. Some of them are still unemployed. One guy I met used to be head of an entire division at a major company. Now he's a frigging cleaner. This in all likelihood will be far worse because, as you say, millions of people in India are suddenly going to wake up one morning with no job.

Oh, I'm a barrel of laughs today! But these things need to be discussed I think.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
noirbar

Post by noirbar »

Lord,

You are spot on. Even Elon says it would be a good idea to at least be able to pull the plug.

Of course I'd go off on a tangent and make it worse - even without AI, universities have been churning out graduates with worthless degrees for decades. :D