Paul and George Voice AI Models

Petsounds1966x

Re: Paul and George Voice AI Models

Post by Petsounds1966x »

MP3J wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:23 pm I love that World Without Love effort....i always wished that The Beatles or at least Paul did that song..... but not keen on the YKWTD track....i think proper George sounds better.... hXXps://we.tl/t-LB34aTcVFG
George's voice definitely sounds better of course, nice attempt! Unfortunately the timing is a bit wonky at a number of points, but when it syncs right it sounds great. Very cool that you incorporated AI Paul and extended it too.
b1ockboy

Post by b1ockboy »

The Beatnix also do a fun version of Stairway To Heaven in The Beatles style.
sunnylew

Post by sunnylew »

alphabeatles wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:12 am
Lord Reith wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:07 amOnly trouble is I have a mac, and it won't run the damned thing.
I'm on Mac as well and haven't made the attempt yet but you can run a Windows VM. On Intel Macs you can use the free VirtualBox or Fusion Free Personal Use License, or paid options such as Parallels. On M1/2 Macs you can only use Parallels. Maybe also QEMU/UTM.
I'm on a Mac as well, bu I got it going using Google Colab. The training is all done using my Google drive and the colab. Auto splitting source files into 10 second chunks and applying the training to another file can all be done fairly easily in terminal.

I followed this tutorial to set it up (though it took the better part of a day of messing around for me to figure out what I was doing):

The colab is set up so that once you have the files in the right places you just have to press "Play" by each command in the correct order:

https://colab.research.google.com/githu ... -4.0.ipynb
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:07 amOnly trouble is I have a mac, and it won't run the damned thing.
I'm on Mac as well and haven't made the attempt yet but you can run a Windows VM. On Intel Macs you can use the free VirtualBox or Fusion Free Personal Use License, or paid options such as Parallels. On M1/2 Macs you can only use Parallels. Maybe also QEMU/UTM.
I thought that the M1 chip would work instead of a GPU. But it doesn't, and without a GPU the training will take weeks.

Not exactly sure what the M1 chip is supposed to do. As far as i can tell, the mac is no faster than my ancient windows laptop. Maybe the "M" stands for Mediahype.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:22 am
I thought that the M1 chip would work instead of a GPU. But it doesn't, and without a GPU the training will take weeks.

Not exactly sure what the M1 chip is supposed to do. As far as i can tell, the mac is no faster than my ancient windows laptop. Maybe the "M" stands for Mediahype.
Geek stuff FWIW:

hxxps://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-M1-GPU-Benc ... 610.0.html

By using existing (Paul, George, etc.) models, can that speed you along?
sunnylew

Post by sunnylew »

The training is the most processor and time intensive - hours upon hours with a good GPU.

Applying the models to other audio is fairly quick. t might take a few minutes to load the model into your RAM, but after that it's pretty quick for each time you use it in that session. You don't need GPU at all.

I've been using Google CoLab for training, but applying the models on my Mac.
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

Another good de-aged Macca entry.
I think we've got the idea so I'll refrain from posting more until we've got an entire album!

alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

theboxinargentina wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:31 pm Another good de-aged Macca entry.
I think we've got the idea so I'll refrain from posting more until we've got an entire album!

See, there's another good one! This exact thing is my #1 want for AI vocals – giving Paul his voice back.

Looking forward to the whole album, and some other albums too! PM me if you have too, I want these...
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Very good job on "Scared". Thank you very much. 8-)
Ale.
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

Another good one (not mine):