George Harrison: The Apple Years 1968-75 (Original LP rips) COMPLETE **NEW LINK!!!**

Got a lot of work to do, try to get a message through…
Vee-Jay

George Harrison: The Apple Years 1968-75 (Original LP rips) COMPLETE **NEW LINK!!!**

Post by Vee-Jay »

Hey, Folks -

A few years ago, not wanting to pay the crazy price :shock: being asked for George's The Apple Years box set, I decided to try my hand at ripping a CD set for myself from my original LPs. I also included the same bonus content to each one as well, but I honestly can't recall where I got those now. My intention was to create CDs to listen to in the car. This had an added bonus for me, in that I didn't then have much of GH's output on CD and I didn't play the LPs often because they're somewhat beat up from years of use and abuse. :( :lol:

So, I ripped the LPs into Audacity, cleaned them up by hand, and burned CDs from the 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files I had created. They suited my needs very well for quite a while. Until...

It suddenly dawned on me that I could use ClickRepair to clean up the audio even more... and I was amazed with the results today. I started off with Wonderwall Music, which I recall was the one in the worst shape. (The first track, "Microbes," has a big CLICK in it, which I couldn't avoid, but I remember having to do a lot of surgery on this LP to make it play as you hear it!)

Anywho, in the spirit of beatlegs, I thought I'd share it with you today. Let me know if the rest interest you too.

hxxps://we.tl/t-tzHPm9XpC6
Last edited by Vee-Jay on Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
RunoutGroove

Re: George Harrison: The Apple Years 1968-75 (Original LP rips)

Post by RunoutGroove »

Thanks VeeJay, I'll play this when I'm in the Moog. (a little pun)
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

Listening now, Vee-Jay! Sounds great (as always)!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

Vee-Jay wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:00 pm (The first track, "Microbes," has a big CLICK in it, which I couldn't avoid, but I remember having to do a lot of surgery on this LP to make it play as you hear it!)
The bigger the click, the better the chance it could be declicked manually if I understood it right that you did exactly that ("cleaning them by hand"). Some big clicks can be nasty, though.
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

Rave O Lucien wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:36 pm Listening now, Vee-Jay! Sounds great (as always)!
Thanks, Rave! Glad you liked it. :)
zaval80 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:21 am
Vee-Jay wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:00 pm (The first track, "Microbes," has a big CLICK in it, which I couldn't avoid, but I remember having to do a lot of surgery on this LP to make it play as you hear it!)
The bigger the click, the better the chance it could be declicked manually if I understood it right that you did exactly that ("cleaning them by hand"). Some big clicks can be nasty, though.
Yes, but admittedly, I did this a few years ago, before I had a better understanding of editing LP transfers. The first LP in the set was definitely in the worst shape, but maybe I'll revisit it if time allows. Mostly though, I just thought it might be fun to share. A little "Early Vee-Jay" work for ya! :lol:
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

For those few who seem to be interested... :cry: :roll:

Here's the second one... Electronic Sound from 1969

hxxps://we.tl/t-gsmhsptMx9
r9453

Post by r9453 »

Vee-Jay wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:54 pm Here's the second one...
I'm interested, thanks. Random online image:
Bob Dylan
LB Cloud
The Milky Bar Kid

Post by The Milky Bar Kid »

Vee-Jay wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:54 pm For those few who seem to be interested... :cry: :roll:

Here's the second one... Electronic Sound from 1969

hxxps://we.tl/t-gsmhsptMx9
Some vinyl crackling enhances the listening experience of "Electronic Sound". Gives the ears some extra noises to process. :lol:
Bailes

Post by Bailes »

Hi there! I've tried both links featured here, but when I click on them they're not bringing up anything, just a blank page. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Please ignore this reply, I've since realized that the "http" part is instead "hxxp" presented here. For any newcomers to this thread, please replace "xx" with "tt" in the url at the beginning when downloading. :)
Last edited by Bailes on Sun May 30, 2021 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

Hey, Gang -

And the fun continues... Here's the first of two parts comprising All Things Must Pass. Recall, these were intended for my personal use on CD and are therefore in 16-bit/41kHz. They've all since been cleaned up with an additional run through ClickRepair.

hxxps://we.tl/t-FJGMWHoAVM

Enjoy! 8-)