Paul McCartney RAM AT 50 (4 CD Deluxe Box Set)

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
quigatolah

Re: Paul McCartney RAM AT 50 (4 CD Deluxe Box Set)

Post by quigatolah »

Thanks Alpha

Generally, but not always, the newer releases contain the best versions so far.

As much as I've appreciated high quality audio, the law of diminishing returns has caught up with me.
I just don't care about the endless stream of marginal improvements anymore.
Jerry4

Post by Jerry4 »

Thank you!
Nairb1956

Post by Nairb1956 »

Thank you cliftdean74! 8-)
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

thanks much !!!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

quigatolah wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:03 pm Generally, but not always, the newer releases contain the best versions so far.

As much as I've appreciated high quality audio, the law of diminishing returns has caught up with me.
I have loved RAM since the day it was released. I have owned a bunch of different versions...blah blah blah!<-----(how's that for a short description?)
Despite this being a needle drop of a 'recent' ltd edition half-speed master...there is nothing marginal about it. I noticed the difference when I played it the first time...thru $12 computer junk. THEN, after 10 or 12 plays, I grabbed my wife's blue-tooth headphones and proceeded to hear RAM for the first time. No wonder Paul gets frustrated. ALL previous versions of this album are inferior! This album RULES in stereo...NOW! We have some EXCELLENT reworkings(mono and stereo) on this forum. I doubt that anyone will think it needs work after hearing this. I haven't played ANY tracks from the other 3 discs! Why would I? The real thing is on disc 1!!!<-----(don't miss it) I want to play the other discs but so far...no dice! This version might yield better results of extraction! I have never appreciated the things that are now audible! If I'm repeating myself...da-a-a-a-am it!
Thank you, RAM lovers!
May the horse be with ewe!
KC
TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Thank you so much!
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Thank you!
Gummo

Post by Gummo »

Thank you!
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Kwai Chang wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:58 am
quigatolah wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:03 pm Generally, but not always, the newer releases contain the best versions so far.

I have loved RAM since the day it was released. I have owned a bunch of different versions...blah blah blah!<-----(how's that for a short description?)
Despite this being a needle drop of a 'recent' ltd edition half-speed master...there is nothing marginal about it. I noticed the difference when I played it the first time...thru $12 computer junk. THEN, after 10 or 12 plays, I grabbed my wife's blue-tooth headphones and proceeded to hear RAM for the first time. No wonder Paul gets frustrated. ALL previous versions of this album are inferior! This album RULES in stereo...NOW! We have some EXCELLENT reworkings(mono and stereo) on this forum. I doubt that anyone will think it needs work after hearing this. I haven't played ANY tracks from the other 3 discs! Why would I? The real thing is on disc 1!!!<-----(don't miss it) I want to play the other discs but so far...no dice! This version might yield better results of extraction! I have never appreciated the things that are now audible! If I'm repeating myself...da-a-a-a-am it!
Thank you, RAM lovers!
May the horse be with ewe!
KC
Something is off about your post, KC. I understood it in its entirety. So either we are completely in tune now or you were just too tired to confuse me today! I kid with love and respect.
TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Thank you