Wings "London Town Sessions" (MCCD 004)

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
Ziggy C

Re: Wings "London Town Sessions" (MCCD 004)

Post by Ziggy C »

I remember when London Town came out. It was a bit of a disappointment to me as I was expecting Beatles-ish fare, having played the hell out of Wings Over America. And this was not it. A rather lame album with a couple shining lights. But otherwise, meh. For perspective, at the time, my parents were going through the roughest divorce on record. My brother and I were caught in the middle. (We're both doing fine, BTW and thanks for asking...) We were about to be yanked from our familiar neighborhood and our best friends as a result of our parents selling the house as part of the divorce settlement. I have never completely gotten over it. My problem, not yours... Anyroads, London Town evokes those memories, longing to be able to stay in a world where I felt comfortable, and where I belonged, when, in fact, that world was gone, and I now had to re-establish some semblance of belonging.

I did. And I wouldn't be who I am if none of that had happened. So, in retrospect, I am thankful for the life experiences that have made me the successful scientist, musician, and music historian I am today. I love the title track. I love Cafe, and I love Famous Groupies. Even though With a Little Luck was the hit (along with I've Had Enough,) I prefer the deeper tracks.