The Paul McCartney Singles Collection 1971-2005 (RMW)

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
BTL1210

Re: The Paul McCartney Singles Collection 1971-2005 (RMW)

Post by BTL1210 »

Thanks Kenny.
McCharmly

Post by McCharmly »

mojofilter wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:47 am @Kenny Saxton: This set was put together with the help of a lot of collectors. "The Girl Is Mine" promo version was not in wide circulation at the time and we put on the set what was contributed to it by one of many participants. It's been ten years, and there is no record anymore of who contributed what to the project. If you would like to contribute a transfer from the legit "The Girl Is Mine" promo, please feel free. No one has ever mentioned it since it was first posted. At the time, it wasn't a track that was widely available, so I didn't have anything to compare it against to see that it was legit. So sure, please send us your transfer of the actual single. I'm guessing that many of us don't have it. Thank you for the offer.
I'm grateful for any upload. Thanks
Last edited by McCharmly on Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

If there was some better condition available in 2012 and 2014 than right off the source CDs or records when collectors all over the world helped to put this set together, I'd like you to tell me what that is.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

mojofilter wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:39 pm If there was some better condition available in 2012 and 2014 than right off the source CDs or records when collectors all over the world helped to put this set together, I'd like you to tell me what that is.
I agree wholeheartedly. Mojofilter's RMW set is my go-to, even ahead of my M- 45s. It's the best there is, hands down!
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."
McCharmly

Post by McCharmly »

thewarpedvinyljunkie wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:36 am
mojofilter wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:39 pm If there was some better condition available in 2012 and 2014 than right off the source CDs or records when collectors all over the world helped to put this set together, I'd like you to tell me what that is.
I agree wholeheartedly. Mojofilter's RMW set is my go-to, even ahead of my M- 45s. It's the best there is, hands down!
The problem is it isn't 2012 or 2014 anymore and the set HAS been surpassed in sound quality in the intervening years (especially for the Press To Play era singles). If you want to go on listening to inferior quality rips, go right on ahead.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

To the best of my knowledge, this ten-year-old set has never been claimed to be the ne plus ultra. It didn't used to exist before we put it together, and it's an artifact of its time. To come online and make disparaging comments about the set and its creator is just boorish. If you don't want it, don't download it. But don't bitch about it. Thousands of others haven't.
McCharmly

Post by McCharmly »

mojofilter wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:48 am To the best of my knowledge, this ten-year-old set has never been claimed to be the ne plus ultra. It didn't used to exist before we put it together, and it's an artifact of its time. To come online and make disparaging comments about the set and its creator is just boorish. If you don't want it, don't download it. But don't bitch about it. Thousands of others haven't.
I would say that YOU are the one with the attitude here. I didn't complain or bitch about it. I even said that I was grateful for the upload and "thanks". All I asked was if the material had appeared in better quality elsewhere. I had no idea who created it and was not trying to disparage the set's creators. No need to get all butthurt and go on the attack for someone asking a question about the sound quality.
mojofilter

Post by mojofilter »

You obviously want the Argument Clinic, which is down the hall. This is being hit on the head lessons.
Chicagofanforever 5+

Post by Chicagofanforever 5+ »

Unless I missed something, when did they issue a Archive edition of "Press To Play" or any re-issue of "Press To Play" with superior audio for the single and non-CD tracks. They would still be needle-drops! This Singles collection had to be a long process and should be appreciated for what it is. Until all the tracks included on it are available on CD from master sources it belongs in our collections, at least the exclusive tracks do. Even some of the versions issued on the legit Archive issues have sub-par quality compared to the original issues. That's a topic for another thread and another day.

And "The Girl Is Mine" has never been issued on a McCartney Archive edition, it has never been issued on a McCartney release.
Feromount

Post by Feromount »

McCharmly wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:54 am But can't ALL of this material (including The Girl Is Mine edit) be found on the Ultimate Archive Collection, and usually in better quality? Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for any upload. Thanks
Well, as you said, they are usually in better quality... but not always. Some of them do sound better on the Ultimate Archive (e.g. The 7' remix of Seaside Woman, the 12' version of Pretty Little Head, and the speed-corrected version of the 1990 mix of Mama's Little Girl), but a lot of them don't. Summer of 59' sounds washed out in the Ultimate Archive. The Dub mix of Press sounds way better on here, as do quite a few of the earlier singles. Oh Woman, Oh Why sounds better in this set than in the official archive set, and since the UAC uses the 2012 remaster, this set ends up gaining the upper hand. It's a case-by-case type of thing.

The Ultimate Archive Collection is absolutely the way to go if you want a "McCartney Anthology" nowadays, but this set has many great things. Ideally, someone could just grab everything that sounds better here and add it to their own UAC sets on whatever music software they use.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for the upload.