McCartney - Ultimate Archive Collection

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
micktanner

Re: McCartney - Ultimate Archive Collection

Post by micktanner »

MorseMoose wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:05 pm
Golem wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:44 pm
jxdxbx wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:52 pm

ah yep, you're right. I have an assembled version of the track list from Egypt Station, not an actual release, but I filed it away with the official UAC.
this is wrong, Dave did make a version of Egypt Station, which can be found here
hxxps://mega.nz/folder/duphTKLA#S3jqJxLG0JAWP7w7FIr7UQ
Oh, ok. Thanks for this. I don't see any artwork, but if this was uploaded by the original creator, I suppose it is official. Thanks again!
Here is artwork that I have for Golem's link
hxxps://we.tl/t-TSSFDiR4lt
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

micktanner wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:49 pm
MorseMoose wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:05 pm
Golem wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:44 pm

this is wrong, Dave did make a version of Egypt Station, which can be found here
hxxps://mega.nz/folder/duphTKLA#S3jqJxLG0JAWP7w7FIr7UQ
Oh, ok. Thanks for this. I don't see any artwork, but if this was uploaded by the original creator, I suppose it is official. Thanks again!
Here is artwork that I have for Golem's link
hxxps://we.tl/t-TSSFDiR4lt
Thank you!
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

jxdxbx wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:28 am The links here still appear to work for the Flowers in the Dirt 5 CD Ultimate Archive edition.

viewtopic.php?p=78599#p78599

Interesting, I just saw that you said they were corrupted. I can say they worked for me, so either try the mirror you didn't use or a different unzip program?

Edit: I just downloaded and unzipped the files without errors. Specifically make sure your unzip program can handle archives greater than 2 GB?
thanks a lot for the link. But I think that there is a missing track.
I know that some tracks have been moved to another CD because of overburning. For instance, "Distractions (demo)" was planned to be on CD 2 by dave1dmarx with "Back On My Feet" (WEB download demo) and was moved on CD4 so that it can be burned without overburning.
But it still looks like a "reconstruction" following dave1dmarx track-listing.
For instance I can't find this track "Disc 4 -1 This One [remix] -An exclusive Voodoo Records remix put together by adding rhythmic components of the extended version to the more melodic LP version."
did someone has this missing track ? if yes, could you please upload it ?
I wish I had buy it at that time (I did for the Anthology Expanded set)
MUR

Post by MUR »

Hm. Judging by different versions of artworks, there were 2 versions of FITD 5CD, different on CD2 and CD4. Also, I have 2 versions of big PDF, where this FITD 5CD is correspondingly different.
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
lopez7

Post by lopez7 »

would a repost of this egypt station artwork please.
jxdxbx

Post by jxdxbx »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:33 am
jxdxbx wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:28 am The links here still appear to work for the Flowers in the Dirt 5 CD Ultimate Archive edition.

viewtopic.php?p=78599#p78599

Interesting, I just saw that you said they were corrupted. I can say they worked for me, so either try the mirror you didn't use or a different unzip program?

Edit: I just downloaded and unzipped the files without errors. Specifically make sure your unzip program can handle archives greater than 2 GB?
thanks a lot for the link. But I think that there is a missing track.
I know that some tracks have been moved to another CD because of overburning. For instance, "Distractions (demo)" was planned to be on CD 2 by dave1dmarx with "Back On My Feet" (WEB download demo) and was moved on CD4 so that it can be burned without overburning.
But it still looks like a "reconstruction" following dave1dmarx track-listing.
For instance I can't find this track "Disc 4 -1 This One [remix] -An exclusive Voodoo Records remix put together by adding rhythmic components of the extended version to the more melodic LP version."
I wish I had buy it at that time (I did for the Anthology Expanded set)
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but here is track 18 from disc 4 of my ultimate archive flowers, titled "This One [new version]," which also the closest thing referenced in the PDF that goes with the set. hxxps://mega.nz/file/sLFTzZoD#DYyG-JC11 ... 9pVBhtP3F0
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

thank you very much.

according to the pdf description, it seems that dave1dmarx made his own mix (a kind of mashup) of "This One" as you can read in pdf, this is a fan mix done by dave1dmarx : "Disc 4 -1 This One [remix] -An exclusive Voodoo Records remix put together by adding rhythmic components of the extended version to the more melodic LP version."

He did for instance the "fake" (but clever mix) "Ram On" part 1 & 2 joined together as one longer track.
I did not find a track the exact version of "This One" on the 5 CD set of Flowers In The Dirt which would match the pdf description and time-length of the track.

Moreover, there is a "This One (new version)" on Dave1dmarx's rarities big box set "Where Footprints Never Go".
And this track is not a fan-mix by dave1dmarx but the laserdisc version of "This One".

Disc 4 (Where Footprints Never Go)

13 This One [new version]
This was recorded in late April '89 and taken straight from the 'Put It There' laserdisc. It has been labelled 'New Version' to make it consistent with the 'New Version' of Rough Ride, which was also taken from these same sessions. A live-in-the-studio recording.

but for instance ""Motor Of Love" (demo)" appears on this box set, and this is also the same version on "Flowers In The Dirt" (there is not a second demo around)
steepien

Post by steepien »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:33 am For instance I can't find this track "Disc 4 -1 This One [remix] -An exclusive Voodoo Records remix put together by adding rhythmic components of the extended version to the more melodic LP version."
I believe this is what you're looking for. It ended up as Disc 2 Track 15 of Give Us That Knowing Wink.

Good until Jan. 4
hxxps://we.tl/t-DCygKEfkNw
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

steepien wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:51 am
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:33 am For instance I can't find this track "Disc 4 -1 This One [remix] -An exclusive Voodoo Records remix put together by adding rhythmic components of the extended version to the more melodic LP version."
I believe this is what you're looking for. It ended up as Disc 2 Track 15 of Give Us That Knowing Wink.

Good until Jan. 4
hxxps://we.tl/t-DCygKEfkNw
thanks a lot! :) that's the one dave1dmarx used for his 5 CD set of Flowers In The Dirt.
I had checked his box set "Footprints..." but forgot "...Wink'"... the description and time-length of the track matches "15 This One [remix]
An exclusive Voodoo Records remix put together by adding rhythmic components of the extended version to the more melodic LP version.

"
This is indeed an excellent fan mix done by dave1dmarx.

These 2 tremendous box set of rarities where done before Flowers In The Dirt official box set came out; so, dave1dmarx keep some unreleased stuff for these 2 compilations.
When he did the 5 CD expanded and updated set of "Flowers In The Dirt", he bring back to this set some of his rarities.
That makes me think that the 5 CD version of Flowers which is around and regularly uploaded is a "reconstruction" based on dave1dmarx back artwork of the expanded set. (I have the original 4 CD version of Flowers)
McCharmly

Post by McCharmly »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:33 am