The Complete Imagine Sessions (VT 242-247)

Wherever you are, you are here…
Nairb1956

Re: The Complete Imagine Sessions (VT 242-247)

Post by Nairb1956 »

OMG! This is wonderful! Thanks MrBeatleg!
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

Megazeti wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:37 pm Apparently this is cd 6?
https://www.discogs.com/release/5074809 ... lternative
that's not it
Megazeti

Post by Megazeti »

Didn't think it be that easy. But you did allude to it and therefore I was cautious especially with Discogs known error rate.
Last edited by Megazeti on Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

This is great! Thank you!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

thanks a lot Mr Beatleg

I did not download it yet but I will the first silver CD "Imagine - the sessions" by Vigotone (1990)was different than the alternate album proposed in the "Imagine all the outtakes" Vigotone box set from 1994.
Not the same take (Jealous Guy for instance) and How? was different (this was my favorite take because the "you know life..." part was so sad that it just made me cry) and we had to wait until the release of the 2 CD set "Imagine...More Session Tapes" to get this missing take from "How?" from a tape source like the rest of the Imagine-sessions; even if - in the end - everything was on Imagine All The Outtakes + Imagine More Session Tapes Vigotone (2 CD set)

But since this is a fake Vigotone (from what I understood) perhaps they did their own alternate album. In the end everything was available from tape source on the Vigotone box set (minus Well, Baby Please Don't Go take 2 with wah-wah ;) )
Whilst the first Imagine-the session from 1990 has some slight vinyl surfaced sound.

It did not appear on Vigotone.com (this was a web fan site; still available through internet wayback archive) :

They never put God Save Us/Oz on Imagine Vigotone set. God Save Oz (acetate version) was on Gone From This Place VT-01 Vigotone. I still have this silver CD I bought in Paris in 1990.
They did not release Do The Oz on Vigotone; perhaps one of their subsidiary label such Howdy! ?

https://web.archive.org/web/20190403130 ... one008.htm
https://web.archive.org/web/20190401205 ... 18-120.htm
https://web.archive.org/web/20190403120 ... 85-186.htm
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

thanks again MrBeatleg.

After having listen to the CD 6 I can confirm that the content is the same than the first Vigotone (pressed on silver) and titled "Imagine-the sessions" VT-08 which came out in 1990 :
https://web.archive.org/web/20190403130 ... one008.htm

now, I have to listen to it with headphones to check quickly if there are some slight vinyl surface sound (which would imply that the content of this Vigotone was "ripped") or if they reconstruct this alternate imagine album using tape source.
Because we had to wait 1994 with the Imagine box set "Imagine all the outtakes" to get the Imagine material-sessions from tape source and not vinyl source.

But the selection of each takes use for CD6 are exactly the one from Imagine-the sessions single CD VT-08.

"sclouds" on Oh My Love (exactly the same take), exactly same take for How? which would be available from a tape source only with the double-CD "Imagine... More session tapes"

then the additional tracks are more interesting : Power To The People is already on Vigotone "Look At Me", God Save Us "from acetate" was released by Vigotone on "Gone From This Place", etc...
The only track I'm not aware is "Do The Oz" (perhaps it was on one of these Howdy! subsidiary Vigotone label)

"Imagine" and "Jealous Guy" additional tracks were on "Imagine... All The Outtakes" (for Jealous Guy) but this take of "Imagine" was available from tape source and was not available until the "Imagine...more Session Tapes" 2 CD set came out.

Now I wonder : if this is not a legit Vigotone, I wonder if Vigotone would have released a sampler of Imagine studio sessions in the mid-90's and they would have taken this CD to make this CD6.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

Having bought the original boxes when they were released - "All the Outtakes" and "More Session Tapes" - unless I missed something - the last CD in this set contains items from both of these boxes, so I'm okay and don't need this set?
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

millerTEK wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:52 am Having bought the original boxes when they were released - "All the Outtakes" and "More Session Tapes" - unless I missed something - the last CD in this set contains items from both of these boxes, so I'm okay and don't need this set?
everything is there (you won't miss a single track if you have Imagine all the outtakes box set (3 CD) + Imagine More Session Tapes (2 CDs) because their upgrade their first single release (which has some slight vinyl surface sound) "imagine-the sessions" to tape source in 1994)
Except Do The Oz which was not on the Imagine box set or Imagine...More Session Tapes, Power To The People, God Save Oz/Us. I have to search through Vigotone single releases on silver CD from the early 90's and so far I don't see it. It was not released on their Howdy label. I have to browse all the first Vigotone browsing vigotone.com through the internet wayback archive.
I don't have all the Vigotone silver CDs; just a few; for instance "God Save Oz/Us" (acetate) is on Gone From This Place VT-CD 01 which I had bought on silver CD; "Power To The People" is on "Look At Me" Vigotone silver CD which I have too. Thus this set probably use the same source (I have quickly listen to the CD 6 of this set)

I know that "Do The Oz" is not considered as "essential", but it kind of bother me that a (fake?) Vigotone would have release an additional track which was on other labels but wouldn't come from Vigotone releases.
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Could some one kindly make this available again.

Many thanks in advance.