John Lennon & Yoko Ono – Recording The Fantasies - The Double Fantasy Sessions Collection (BFB)

Wherever you are, you are here…
pumma4

Re: John Lennon & Yoko Ono – Recording The Fantasies - The Double Fantasy Sessions Collection (BFB)

Post by pumma4 »

alphabeatles wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:10 am Thanks!

Technical note: CDs 1 and 2 have digital clicks at the beginning of each track that need to be edited out, or better yet, we need to have the discs re-ripped (as the clicks either occur within the very beginning of the audio [bad] or just before it begins [better]).

You can hear these, but also zoom in using a DAW and you can see.
im good at posting stuff here..but what ur bringing up is just a bit over my head to fix..so i cant be the one to correct the problem ur picking up on..is it possible the problem was on the CDs and you cant do anything about it maybe?
yymca6

Re: John Lennon & Yoko Ono – Recording The Fantasies - The Double Fantasy Sessions Collection (BFB)

Post by yymca6 »

There are no log files in the folder, so it is impossible to spot the errors

Solution seems obvious to me, new rips should remade but who has the original CDs?
Yves
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Since I brought it up I'm working on fixing these for us... The editing medicine was successful!

CD1 (includes sample screenshots of the problem, which is now gone):

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1q47GbuldsL5jIzZAKh5jgfuKHxLQ3OxE/view?usp=sharing

CD 2:

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/129YGkYMi8DSKLD6_L_acVpxvKO06AiIX/view?usp=sharing

Mono tracks were not flattened. A couple of bad track splits were fixed and excess tops and tails removed.

Let me know if anyone notices the clicks on other discs or deeper into any songs.

Also, this is a rehash collection so we already have eleventy-six other copies of this stuff ;-)
Track06

Post by Track06 »

Thanks pumm4! With the benefit of keeping the files CD compliant the noise could be muted or replaced with silence instead of editing it out. If burned the missing samples would be inserted somewhere by the drive anyway. Mostly irrelevant, I know, but that could introduce a gap between continuous tracks like live recordings or a series of studio takes.
bluepie

Post by bluepie »

Hi, Everybody,
I was too late to Party,
I'm so sorry,
any chance for
Re-Up of discs 3 to 12?

Thank You!
Help67

Post by Help67 »

Hello everybody. Nothing, there is no way. I can't get into dereferer anymore and I don't understand it. I use "unshorten.me" to try to log in and nothing. I had no problem at all a while ago and that's why I don't understand it. Without wanting to bother, does anyone have this set on another server? Thanks in advance.
juniorsfarm

Post by juniorsfarm »

HUGE THANK YOU to Mr. P!!! Very much appreciated!
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you very much MrP.
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker