John Lennon Sessions (Multiple Labels)

Wherever you are, you are here…
Golem

Re: John Lennon Misterclaudel Sessions (With Updates)

Post by Golem »

Mr Bump wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:22 am
Nihonjin wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:53 pm I don’t see any reason why Zappa shouldn’t go in IMAGINE. The Zappa concert took place literally days after John had finished the basic tracks on IMAGINE, and well before any of the New York recordings for FLY (which does fit very well with IMAGINE). I can’t imagine arguing that it could go anywhere else.
For me it's not so much a question of dates as of context. Date-wise I would agree it's close to Imagine, but right at that point Lennon emigrated to New York, and never went back to the UK. In my mind that's a clear dividing line and Zappa is the start of his New York period, more closesly associated with what he shortly did with David Peel, Elephant's Memory and so on, than with Tittenhurst Park.

It's just personal perception I guess, no right or wrong. You can look at it either way I guess.
That's not necessarily true tho, John and Yoko went back to the UK on July 14th, and didn't return until August 12th (despite being in NYC and the Virgin Islands for a few days in the middle there), for most of that time he was in the UK recording the Imagine film at Tittenhurst, he didn't even really have a true place to live until he moved into Bank Street in October, don't forget their goal wasn't to live in New York at first, but only to find Kyoko. I do get your point but I wouldn't call the Zappa Concert a point of no return.
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

You are absolutely right on that. I was thinking the Zappa gig was when they had left Britain for good, but no - the gig was June 6th and they did return to UK after that, as you say, and film most of the Imagine movie footage back at Tittenhurst after the Zappa gig - so I change my vote. I think it can sit OK with Imagine after all.

Cheers for pointing that out!
Golem

Post by Golem »

the time is soon upon us, here's a sneak peek of on of the pages for One to One (specifically the soundboards for the 2nd show)
Liverpools Boy

Post by Liverpools Boy »

NEW TITLE: John Lennon / Peace In A Fairlyland / 4CD With OBI Strip / Misterclaudel.MCCD-729/730/731/732

Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

Liverpools Boy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:46 pm NEW TITLE: John Lennon / Peace In A Fairlyland / 4CD With OBI Strip / Misterclaudel.MCCD-729/730/731/732

This one looks interesting!!!
Golem

Re: New STINYC Sessions 2022 + MCCD Sessions

Post by Golem »

Been working on this for quite a while, he's my first volume in my John Lennon set, its 18 discs for the STINYC era!

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/VyxwGLqB#qYxQycKd65oX4BPW7Crhrw

Feromount

Re: STINYC / One to One Sessions 2022 + MCCD Sessions

Post by Feromount »

Awesome set Gomus!
Jukka

Post by Jukka »

Thank You Very Much!
Downloading now.
BungalowJim

Post by BungalowJim »

This looks absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for all your hard work and your kindness in sharing.
InnerLight

Post by InnerLight »

Thanks very much. 8-)

edit: listening to some. FYI, CD4 seems to be missing some tracks, there are a few "undecrypted file"s in the folder. Track 2, 14, 16-17, 20, 24.