O-AI-SIS The Lost Tapes Vol. 1

General music and other artist discussions.
Lord Reith

Re: O-AI-SIS The Lost Tapes Vol. 1

Post by Lord Reith »

Doug wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:34 pm
yymca6 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:01 pm Well, I may be shot for my comment but I’ll stay put on these AI so-called wonders. After the drum machines, the « vocalizes » and the gigging holograms, that’s too much for me. Let’s be natural.
Hmm. I wonder if AI could replace the Rutles vocals with John, Paul, George and Ringo... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Great idea!

Mind you, I quite like The Rutles vocals as they are.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
dannysonar

Post by dannysonar »

They're so much like the real thing that they also borrowed some Beatles stuff for their songs - the second song uses George's "Wah wah" riff.
The whole thing is really impressive... and scary.
studio2

Post by studio2 »

About 15 years ago I was travelling to Blackpool for work, when I got on the train at Preston I was surprised to find the train was full of Elvis impersonators heading for an Elvis Convention at the Winter Gardens. It was very surreal. Talking to a few of the Elvisus, I asked what songs they were going to sing, every Elvis had a shot at winning the singing competition. Most went down the tradition route but some had gone down a different one taking modern songs and putting their Elvis slant on it. The memorable one was "died in your arms" by the cutting crew, he even knocked out a couple of bars to get the idea across, slowed down slight but had to agree he could pull it off.
Did I mention this was 8.30am. Surreal.

In the laughter that followed one joked that "all songs and I mean all songs belonged to Elvis".

Give them a couple of years to get the AI right and who knows. Elvis sings the hits of Taylor Swift?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

This is especially freaky to me because it was only a couple of months ago i was what-iffing about one day they'll have a "change vocalist" button on every Spotify song. So you can change the vocalist to anyone that suits you. Now this is actually doable.

I can imagine that to get on top of this, the labels will produce their own Sovits models of their artists' voices, and license thes eto companies like Spotify to use legally. So you could have Ringo sing Yesterday if you wanted, or Adele (neither being a particularly appetising prospect! lol)
StephenLofty

Post by StephenLofty »

Doug wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:34 pm
yymca6 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:01 pm Well, I may be shot for my comment but I’ll stay put on these AI so-called wonders. After the drum machines, the « vocalizes » and the gigging holograms, that’s too much for me. Let’s be natural.
Hmm. I wonder if AI could replace the Rutles vocals with John, Paul, George and Ringo... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Now, that’s something I want to hear!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

First we gotta replace all Billy J's vocals. ;)
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

I'd like to hear John's voice to replace all of Yoko's songs from DF album. Or maybe replace them with Paul's voice.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Or the other way around.

The entire Beatles catalog... sung by an AI Yoko. :o :o :o :o
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I'd like AI to make Oasis smile for a change. The affected air of anger wore thin after a short time, once their bank accounts had swollen with millions of pounds, 200,000 people went to see them at Knebworth and they could afford to drive Rolls Royces into swimming pools. They had absolutely sweet FA to be angry about!
Liverpools Boy

Post by Liverpools Boy »

One of the first sites to share this stuff is Supernova Heights

https://supernovaheights.proboards.com/

Sorry for the ad but this is the best Oasis forum on the internet. Join us -or die- before they take down this.