Eddie Cochran - Stereo remixes (by khundalini)

General music and other artist discussions.
Rupert Pupkin

Re: Eddie Cochran - Stereo remixes (by khundalini)

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

wow! :o I have just checked your page and that's what we can call an update. Yeah :o

I have always loved the Walls & Bridges monitor mixes - even though the sound was a bit distant. I thought that the best source was on the 3 CD box set Vigotone "Listen To This".
I have always loved Old Dirt Road because it has an extra coda. Like "Steel And Glass" from the 8-track mix which is longer. I wonder now if these monitor mixes could be mixes that were used later for the 8-track mix.

The One-To-One concert set is tremendous.
What source did you use ? the Orange CDs ? (I think that was a subsidiary label to Yellow dog or Vigotone)

I have always loved the rehearsal of "Mother" and John singing "Bye Bye Johnny Be Good..." or "Instant Karma!" and the "yeah yeah yeah" chorus which emphasize the connection that for me Lennon took the opening chord from one of his favorite jukebox song and the chorus was close to "She Loves You" (and the verse close to the melody of the verses of "All You Need Is Love").

Regarding "Working Class Hero", I'm only aware of the web stream radio (there has been 2 different stream from the same radio) but both are censored.
Even His Master's Choice release on a limited vinyl release the censored version.
This was one of the best rarity to surface the past years; totally out of the blue. Whilst I understand why John did not sing it at the MSG concert it's one of the best loose-electric version I have heard - even darker than than the original, with an atmosphere with John on electric guitar and W.Tex Gabriel solo which reminds me the dark era of Neil Young's electric song on Tonight's The Night or Times Fade Away. Not sure that it was a rehearsal from the MSG garden even though it's obviously 1972.

I have to check your rarity with Harry Nilsson Alright Alright / Gimme Head, I thought that Purple Chick/Neily Tone released everything in their updated box set : but there is no download link so far - or did I miss it ? :?:
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

I can't wait to listen to your "I'm Losing You" video sessions.
Will you use the short studio snippet His Master's Choice release on a vinyl (a 45rs if I remember (with Watching The Wheels early piano demo on the other side ?)
Dream Lover/Stay is one of my favorite R'N'R medley by John. I see you will also include the medley broadcast by the LLT where this is a different band playing with John (do you remember the exact line-up of this infamous LLT version ? With another backing band). I think that the best audio source for this stuff was "A Heart Play" (and the VOXX "Filming The Fantasies" for the video sessions)

I have an attempt of the reconstruction of the video take of "I'm Losing You" if you are interested.
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

In the "other artists" section you will find newly added:
The Complete Priscilla Bowman - stereo edition
and
The Complete Lillian Briggs - stereo edition
Two of early rock 'n' roll's most underrated female pioneers! Now in full stereo!!
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

Next step for me is to realize all the Eddie Cochran outtakes in stereo, if I haven't already uploaded them as bonus tracks.
Stay tuned!
badfinger54

Post by badfinger54 »

Thank you for all of your efforts! If you have the time and inclination could you do GIT IT also? Thnaks!
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

badfinger54 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:01 pm Thank you for all of your efforts! If you have the time and inclination could you do GIT IT also? Thnaks!
If I understand it right:
'Git It' by Gene Vincent is on "Session Man Vol. 2"

Have fun!
badfinger54

Post by badfinger54 »

I see! And I was just reading about Gene's recording history thanks to your site. THANKS!
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

Last added were Eddie's home recordings and related stuff. Almost everything has now been revised. I'm happy if others enjoy it too.
PS: There is a new CD out: Eddie Cochran - In Sessions (Jasmine Records)!
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

khundalini wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:47 am Last added were Eddie's home recordings and related stuff. Almost everything has now been revised. I'm happy if others enjoy it too.
PS: There is a new CD out: Eddie Cochran - In Sessions (Jasmine Records)!
great page also I like THANK YOU FOR Sparkle Moore stuff wow I thought only one knew about this amazing woman.....
Chris
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

I have added „Session Man Vol.5“ [left overs and not identified involvements].